• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new build new psu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Any reason you went with that one?

I had that 850w picked out to start with but after some reading in this section I decided I could go lower on the wattage. Picked that one after looking at some stress test results somewhere. But now I'm doubting the price. I have a feeling most of the price is due to the efficiency rating which is not a great concern to me.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139020

Is this one of the same quality as the corsair 850tx everyone seems to love? And will it be enough? I plan to run this system for a long time and may or may not put another gtx570 in the next couple years.

Note here I put TWO 570's.

EDIT: Woops I put an i7 1366 instead of i7 1156. That puts the recommended down to 825W. I still recommend 850W honestly, regardless, if you want to run SLI.

Attachments

• psu.png
    psu.png
    95.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Thanks J-money :bday:

I'll play it safe and get the 850tx I think.

I also think you're fishing for 100 posts and classifieds access :D

I've actually got no clue how you see your post count. Enlighten me?

Lastly, 850W is perfect for your SLI setup regardless of switching components later on like maybe another CPU or mobo.

@ JK = double post king. Needs to find the edit button... :p

That kingwin is pricey b/c of its efficiency rating. 550W with ONE 570 and a quaslity PSU is fine. If you are going SLI with those, I would get a 750W model. Corsair 750HX sounds about right.

Get a Corsair TX-950. They're reasonably priced and will give you plenty of power should you decide to go SLI at some stage.

Antec CP won't fit in the selected Three Hundred case. Just the P183, P193, and Twelve Hundred. Now, if the OP wanted to upgrade the case to one of those three, they're golden with the CP850 or CP1000. :)

Back