• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build, please check my parts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
its great but id say small overkill processor and big overkill SSD. you could get something great for the money saved.

- - - Updated - - -

If youre going to be gaming competitively, id rather have a 144hz monitor and trade that 980 in for a 760. monitor is much more important in terms of performance.
To be 100% honest, I could never play on a non higher refresh rate monitor again. I would refuse, wouldnt even enjoy it.

What's the point in a 144hz monitor if he doesn't have the GPU to push it? A 760 isn't enough at 1080p for 144hz on most newer games.

I will be using LG 29EA93-P monitor that I already have that is 5ms and 2560x1080p

Also I wanted to get a 980 hall of fame edition thinking it would probably run nice and cool but not sure now. I might wait for the right time to buy, the computer should run OK without a gpu right without playing games, since the 980 ti is out maybe the other 980s price might drop. 980 hof is like 500 and the 8 pack edition was 500 but jumped to 530 which is stupid but yeah I might just wait around till prices drop. Does anyone know if the bitfenix atlas even out yet. I wanted that case for a long time but there wasn't any new of it being out but still happy with my choice of the NZXT Razer.

Last edited:
Back