• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build, Want to Make Sure I Will Have Enough Power and No Bottlenecking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThePromise110

Registered
Just want to make sure I will have enough power and won't get any bottlenecking. My MOBO fried today so I need to kind of build from scratch as 1366 MOBOs are rare these days.

I am currently looking at an EVGA 04G-2974-KR which is a 4GB 970, an MSI Z97-GD65 MOBO, and an Intel i5 4430 Haswell Quad. I will be buying a new case as well, but keeping my old RAM, PSU, and HDD. My current PSU is a Corsair that pulls 750W, so I think I should be ok with using it as the 970 supposedly uses less power under load than my current 570.

Will I see any power or bottlenecking issues with this setup or will I be okay? I think I should be fine, but who knows, maybe I really do need that i7.

What's the budget?
If you can swing it go for a I5 4690k.
You will be more then fine with a 750w Psu
I do not see any reason why it would bottleneck, though what ram will you be using?
Personally I'd get this board and spend the money saved on a 4690k or this board if you're looking for a red themed board.

Back