• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build Water Cooled

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hehehe.

I hit you with a thanks for that quote. :rofl::rofl: This is the time of year when creative cooling has to come to the front. It is when I used to drag out my dryer vent tubing and my strings that reach down from eyebolts in the ceiling to suspend vent tubes.

Creative summer cooliing is the name of the game.

Make sure your travel arrangements are round trip to the cold lands. Hehehe.
RGone...sterskizzzzzzzzzzzzzz:chair:

:( I hear Antarctica is nice this time of year?!?!? :D

I hit you with a thanks for that quote. :rofl::rofl: This is the time of year when creative cooling has to come to the front. It is when I used to drag out my dryer vent tubing and my strings that reach down from eyebolts in the ceiling to suspend vent tubes.

Wish I could put an igloo in my backyard, as nice as it is to be out of this past winter, I do miss the benching, It was a lot of fun!

I do have something i the works, just haven't figured out the logistics quite yet!

I hear ya Dano, I do know that the air from an AC unit is a lot colder than the surroundings I wouldn't be surprised if you could keep the interior of your rig in the 50-60f range.

I hear ya Dano, I do know that the air from an AC unit is a lot colder than the surroundings I wouldn't be surprised if you could keep the interior of your rig in the 50-60f range.
That would be great at that temp. Not too sure about how much moisture would also be coming out of one of those units. Some of them do say that it is a dehumidifier also. Wouldn't want to blow too much water in there.

I used to could find many of these type hacks with a window unit. This one is way too involved. Well good but not easy to do.

http://www.mikevanelst.com/chiller/chiller.html
AC Liquid CPU Chiller
RGone...
Yes that is a little big & I don't have a window close by. I was really looking at a small standup model that you run a hose outside. I do have a glass door close by that I could hang the hose out.

I've been thinking about getting a portable AC unit & feeding it directly into the side. Not sure how low of temp I could get out of one of them.

Hi papadan -- I have a portable air conditioner blowing directly into my open case for benching. To give an adea of how well such a set-up does, here is a shot of HWMonitor not long after I turned the air on....when I took this screen capture, the temp in the room was about 29C as I hadn't turned on the house air yet...the portable air had been running about 15 min. The shot is with my 9370 idling...the high temps are from before I turned on the portable air and the low and current temps are from after the air got turned on...

Air Con Idle.png

Hi papadan -- I have a portable air conditioner blowing directly into my open case for benching. To give an adea of how well such a set-up does, here is a shot of HWMonitor not long after I turned the air on....when I took this screen capture, the temp in the room was about 29C as I hadn't turned on the house air yet...the portable air had been running about 15 min. The shot is with my 9370 idling...the high temps are from before I turned on the portable air and the low and current temps are from after the air got turned on...

View attachment 143578

Thanks that is some good info. The differences are really big. How many BTUs does your AC unit have?
Dan

Thanks that is some good info. The differences are really big. How many BTUs does your AC unit have?
Dan

It's been a long time since I bought it, so I don't remember exactly, but it's not a very big one--- maybe 6000-8000 btu. Someone here was talking about condensation from the air conditioner. My air unit sits on the floor about 7in from the open case and blows straight into the case and I've never had any problem whatsoever with condensation but then again, I live in the desert

It's been a long time since I bought it, so I don't remember exactly, but it's not a very big one--- maybe 6000-8000 btu. Someone here was talking about condensation from the air conditioner. My air unit sits on the floor about 7in from the open case and blows straight into the case and I've never had any problem whatsoever with condensation but then again, I live in the desert
Thanks for the info. I believe that is the route I'm going to take. The two months of cold weather I get down here in Fl. just isn't enough. I was wondering about moisture being blown into the case. Yes our situations are just a little bit different, all I have is wet air. I will have to look into that.

Thanks for the info. I believe that is the route I'm going to take. The two months of cold weather I get down here in Fl. just isn't enough. I was wondering about moisture being blown into the case. Yes our situations are just a little bit different, all I have is wet air. I will have to look into that.

Yea, Nevada's a bit different situation. I used to run a Vapochill LS and never had anywhere near the problems with condensation a lot of people in wetter climates had with SS

Back