• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new build what do you guys think? Quick response would be awesome.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
but i like my antec case lol it had a fan on the back of the motherboard

your awesome

Do you mean a fan mounted on the tray the motherboard is mounted to? Yes, this can help to cool the board components from the underside. This really helps withe the hot running FX CPUs as they have complex down-throttling technologies built in that responds to thermal triggers when temps get high on the socket area.

Pretty sure they have nearly the same, dual 120mm intake, back 120mm exhaust, top exhaust (single 200mm on the Antec vs dual 120mm on the Lian Li).

Really, the case matters the least, if you like the Antec go for it. It's only what, $10 more? And you're like $350 under budget, no problem.

Pretty sure they have nearly the same, dual 120mm intake, back 120mm exhaust, top exhaust (single 200mm on the Antec vs dual 120mm on the Lian Li).

my other concern was quality and warranty if needed one reason. thats why xfx was the video card i have two evga in my other pc and they are awesome but only 1g combined and 5 years old.

Nothing I've ever built it comes close to Lian Li quality. Not even close. And I've built in Antec, Cooler Master, NZXT, etc.

Warranty on a case? Not much can go wrong there.

Nothing I've ever built it comes close to Lian Li quality. Not even close. And I've built in Antec, Cooler Master, NZXT, etc.

Warranty on a case? Not much can go wrong there.

haha no i meant the other items like cpu and all that you think warranty needed or pass it by ive only ever called in on a video card in the late 90's

There's different kinds of water-cooling, which one are you talking about? Sealed all-in-one units or actual water-cooling?

None of the H series coolers are worth it unless you get the H80 or H100. The rest are outperformed by air heatsinks that are cheaper.

None of the H series coolers are worth it unless you get the H80 or H100. The rest are outperformed by air heatsinks that are cheaper.

thats what i figured i just wondered if putting water inside of an electric box was a good idea.

Depends on the skill of the guy who puts the water inside the electric box.

If you give a watercooling kit (not a LCLC like Hydro Series) to your Average Joe, you'll witness a fest of magic smoke.

If you give it to someone that likes the hobby and that has read the stickies from the Watercooling section, you'll witn... you'll drool over a beautiful silent beast.

A LCLC isn't usually dangerous, they're pretty sealed and you can't really go wrong with them as long as you don't cut a tube or something.

EDIT: I like Knufire's build. I'd just replace the 7950 with a GTX660Ti. Maybe it's because I'm a little bit green-biased, but also because I think the OP will do some video editing and maybe CUDA becomes handy. And the Vertex 3 for a m4, but that's just because I like Crucial. And maybe get an oversized PSU because that's the only component you're not going to replace often.

Oh, and Lian Li is like the Aston Martin for computer cases.

Last edited:
Depends on the skill of the guy who puts the water inside the electric box.

If you give a watercooling kit (not a LCLC like Hydro Series) to your Average Joe, you'll witness a fest of magic smoke.

If you give it to someone that likes the hobby and that has read the stickies from the Watercooling section, you'll witn... you'll drool over a beautiful silent beast.

A LCLC isn't usually dangerous, they're pretty sealed and you can't really go wrong with them as long as you don't cut a tube or something.

i think i might go with the h80 then because one of the other reasons i was hesitating with the 3750k was i heard it ran hot and if they help that much it will be good

Last edited:
i think i might go with the h80 then because one of the other reasons i was hesitating with the 3750k was i heard it ran hot and if they help that much it will be good

The 612 should be able to get you to about 4.5GHz. Get the H80 if you want to go higher than that.

The temperature thing with Ivy Bridge has been, IMO, blown way out of proportion. My CPU runs just as hot, if not hotter.

The 612 should be able to get you to about 4.5GHz. Get the H80 if you want to go higher than that.

The temperature thing with Ivy Bridge has been, IMO, blown way out of proportion. My CPU runs just as hot, if not hotter.

thats what i kinda thought but i just figured go big but it saves like 50 to go with the 612

Back