• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build with Issues!!!!! Help Please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
powersupply is actually 750 watt thermaltake smart series M75 model# sp-750ah3ccb Ill need to correct that on the list up top, I looked at box of another build I did....
Cooler is Thermaltake Frio with single fan as other fan will not clear...
Case is ThermalTake

When trying to troubleshoot specifics go a long way and make it faster. Give all the information the first time around then having us ask multiple times.

Looks like your cable management could use some work from an air flow perspective. That cooler should be plenty adequate to handle the heat of the CPU if . . . if . . . if it's making good contact with the CPU and the TIM is done correctly. Never assume that, however. Please test as I requested in post #17.

Looks like your cable management could use some work from an air flow perspective. That cooler should be plenty adequate to handle the heat of the CPU if . . . if . . . if it's making good contact with the CPU and the TIM is done correctly. Never assume that, however. Please test as I requested in post #17.

This. Plus infinity.
There's no way you have enough airflow with a rats nest of cables on an X79 platform.

Thermaltake CLP0564 Frio Dual 120mm Universal CPU Cooler - LGA1366, LGA1156, LGA775, LGA2011, AM3, AM2+, AM2.

Thermaltake VN40006W2N Commander MS-I Snow Edition Tower Case - ATX, Mid-Tower, 3x 5.25" Bays, 5x 3.5" Bays, 7x Expansion Slots, USB, USB 3.0, Security Lock, White

2 themaltake fans on top exhausting and one additional thermaltake fan on front panel for intake. Also fan internal of power supply and one on cooler. I don't know the fan specs, cooler is a 120 mm

Clean up some of the cables and do as Trents said and run 20 min of prime 95 and attac ha screenshot of hwmonitor so we can see where your temps are at.

What thermal paste did you use and does it have good contact with the cpu?

OK everything is noted, will do in a while, I have a patient in a few so will have to step away for a while. Yeah cable management is not my forte.....lol... Ill fix it up. I used I believe Cooler Master Thermal Compound HTK-002 compound. Thanks for being patient with me. I really appreciate everything so far. I don't mean to waste anyones time and make people ask multiple times. I'll try to get some stuff done and be able to spend some dedicated time on this in a hour or so. Thanks again.

OK everything is noted, will do in a while, I have a patient in a few so will have to step away for a while. Yeah cable management is not my forte.....lol... Ill fix it up. I used I believe Cooler Master Thermal Compound HTK-002 compound. Thanks for being patient with me. I really appreciate everything so far. I don't mean to waste anyones time and make people ask multiple times. I'll try to get some stuff done and be able to spend some dedicated time on this in a hour or so. Thanks again.

I'm retired so I have more time to waste than I used to and getting pretty good at it I'm afraid. Helping others is not wasting time IMO, however.

Here are results, ran 40 minutes

Attachments

• stress test results.jpg
    stress test results.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 16
If this is anywhere accurate, here's your problem. The VRM/Socket temps are way too high. Ignore the TMPIN4 as this is not accurate for sure since it never changed.

Attachments

• BadTemps.JPG
    BadTemps.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 15
Now, do this. Repeat that Prime95 20 minute stress test and take notice of whether that high 153c is just a momentary irrelevant spike for the CPU/CPU Socket temp or whether it lives there for significant periods of time. Report back what you find.

It seems to be living around 46 to 48 degrees Celsius. I cleared the min and max again and it spiked for a milli second at 153 again but otherwise it is holding at 47ish constantly. Been running for about 10 minutes now....

here is where its staying.....15 minutes in...

Attachments

• stress test results2.jpg
    stress test results2.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 13
For CPU and CPU socket temp did you notice that most of the time the left most temp column spent most of the time in the mid 40s range after about 5 minutes or did it show over 120c much of the time after that first five minutes? I'm talking about the far left column.

far left column stayed in the 40's the entire time. Even though the max temp maxed out to the 3 figure numbers I never even saw them jump up there. They always stayed in the 40's and I watched it the whole time this time....

Back