• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build Woes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Take out all of the standoffs you aren't using...only use the 4 on the corners and try?

I strongly discourage that. The weight of the CPU cooler will cause the center of the board to bow downward and you risk the very thing you are trying to prevent: ground out against the underside of the board.

I get home and load up my computer to checkout vindictus. I run it fine at max settings with 60+ fps. After I closed it, I get BSOD a few seconds later. I turn it back on and notice one of my fans is turning on and off. So I turn my comp off and replug the fan. While it was open, I switched my RAM sticks to see if the other one worked. Loaded up my comp and BAM BSOD.

I also got the error 54 so I switch the RAM back and think that one of the RAM sticks is faulty while the one i have been using is just fine. I turn windows back on and I get BSOD again. I am kinda freaking out now. So I restart, and I get a system error, it says that windows cant load. Apparently my HDD somehow got corrupted? Or my OS install got corrupted? So after trying memory tests, system repairs, recoveries, nothing worked. Currently I am doing a clean install of windows. What is going on?!?! I can't seem to understand why any of this is happening. I think I will RMA the mobo and RAM soon.

Well right now I am getting error code 10. I was able to go to BIOS but then I got some weird screen. After I reset it, I can ONLY get error code 10. Hopefully that is fixed with the new ram, if it isnt then I think its a cpu/mobo problem? I guess I will buy some arctic silver and a hyper 212

Error code 10 in Device Manager is a Windows issue that's hard to point out the exact cause right away:

It can be a buggy driver or Windows being out of order and falsely accusing drivers of being a jerk.

I think it is memory problems. RMA'd my motherboard and RAM today, going to give everything another shot in 2 weeks when it gets replaced

Back