• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

k959

Registered
ive been reading up the last few months on parts and how to line up the loop right although ive got an easy build for now due to just cooling my cpu so i think ive got a good set up but i just want some second opinion.

this is what ive got
res - Danger Den RAD-Reservoir
pump - Swiftech MCP655
heatsink - Heatkiller Rev 3.0
rad - Black Ice GTX Xtreme 240
t-fitting - Danger Den Delrin T-Fitting
Fillport - Danger Den Fillport

1/2 barbs & clamps on everything with 7/16"id 5/8"od tubing
and using either distilled water or this

i will have the loop going fillport -> t-fitting -> res -> pump -> cpu block -> rad -> t-fitting -> res

let me know what you guys think its going to cool a i5 2500k and i might put my gpu if i get a 3 x 120mm rad at a later date
and its all going in a thermaltake armor+ full size case

If you have enough room in your case, I would suggest to go with a 360 rad. 240 is much enough for your 2500k, but if you feel like Watercooling your GPU down the road, you would need only a GPU block: last gen CPUs and GPUs are not as power hungry as they used to be, generate less heat, and a 360 is enough for a CPU+GPU nowadays.

Distilled water is the best.

I am a little confused as to why you have a t-line and a res. I mean there is nothing wrong with it but it's not needed.

And like Manu said, go with a 360 rad from the get go:) or as Swiftech calls its a 320!

lol i just realized that i dont need the t-line due to being able to connect my fill port to my res didnt realize it has 3 holes to do what i want so that saves me a few bucks. also although i would love to get a 360 i would not have room inside my case and i want to keep everything inside and not have to run tubing out and have to find a way to mount a 360 rad

Yes you do have room. You can put it at the bottom:) I had a Thermaltake Kandalf which is identical to your armor case but the front is different. I would say the top. It that's where the PSU mounts. At the bottom the HDD cage is removable and can hold a 360 rad:D

Also, how do you plan on mounting your res? You may not even need a fill port...? Just trying to save you a little coin.

its more of a want for the fill port then not and if i were to mount it at the bottom i would only have the grills at the bottom for a 240 rad unless i want to mod my case which i dont want to due to it going to my parents when i get another case which would be a cube case or something like that

Sooooo...... And you are completely against mounting it to the back of the case? Or do a 240 up top and a 120 on the inside of the back panel:)

hadn't thought of that but at that point i could in the future just get a single 120 rad when i get the money (and motivation) to cool my gpu. also i really dont want it to be outside the case as i move it from place to place often and dont want to possibly spring a leak due to it

I understand what you are saying. That was the glory of my Kandalf because the rad I used fit perfectly inside the front door in place of the original one:)

Back