• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEW BUILD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mitukczuk

Hello to all members,

I am building a new pc and I wonder if someone could approve or suggest an upgrade to my current list of components that I would like to buy. Check my old pc lower.

The list is following:

Processor - AMD RYZEN 5 1500X
Motherboard - MSI B350 GAMING PLUS
Graphic card - SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 560 2G
RAM : Crucial 8GB DDR4 2400MHz CL16 Ballistix Sport LT Dual Ranked
SSD: WD Green 3D NAND SSD 120GB 2.5"
POWER SUPPLY : Corsair VS550

Let me know what you think, the budhet is 730$ with no room for increase. PC will be used for gaming (Fortnite mainly..GTA V) and general use and occasional video editing. Let me know. Thanks

Looks ok for your budget. Can you give a breakdown of how much you would be paying for each component. Especially the graphics card as I have seen the 560,s cost as much as a gtx 1060 and the 1060 is a better card.

I was thinking about creating a pure AMD PC. From the last time I was building a pc the things have drastically changed for me lol. There is nothing to choose from almost.
I want to spend $250 maximum for the graphics card.

Last edited:
You will be significantly bottle-necked by a 2gb gpu with regard to game textures. Move up to a 4 gb card if at all possible. The prices of video cards are insane right now because of the demand for them by bitcoin miners. You might want to consider keeping your current video card and waiting for GPU prices to go down.

Thank you trents!

I went with the ASUS PHOENIX GeForce GTX 1050TI 4Gb after all, pure AMD build has to wait.

Hopefully, there are no problems with the shipping. Ill be picking everything up tomorrow.

Considering my old build, I think its a good upgrade.

The GTX 1050 Ti is a nice card. Low power draw and runs cool but with surprising pop. It will give you an immediate boost on your current PII X4 965 rig in games that aren't real CPU intensive.

The build is up and running and my GOD have I been missing out without ssd. Booted up in a matter of seconds. A whole new world :D

Thank you to everyone for your help, I can´t wait to overclock it! First I need to get a solid cooler though.

Steam downloading GTA V to test it all :)

Congrats on the Build make sure you update with Oc results =)

Yes moving to a SSD is an amazing jump in speed Boot times and game load times , me (ssd) vs buddy (hdd) I can be in and died 2-3 times in bf1 before he even got into the server =)

Back