• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New camera = rig pics! (56k = nope)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Disco_Stu

1.jpg

Nice shot of the wire mess behind my desk.
2.jpg

IC7 Max3 with TDX block and 9700 with DD block
3.jpg

Whole set up, BIX mounted on the rear, push/pull 120mm fans
4.jpg

Slightly blurry BIX mounting shot.
5.jpg

More BIX mounting. (the cheapo vinyl hose kinks if i use the second hole drilled out. I need to get some more tygon.
6.jpg

another mounting shot.
7.jpg

Hydor L30 and Tline shot, that white stuff is dried water-wetter from a resivor leak :(
8.jpg

TDX mounted.
10.jpg

Kink by the 9700 :( the tubing has turn sharply to make it to the t-line
12.jpg

T-line ending comes out the top of the case, I cut a hole in the grill for the top fan and added a rubber grommet like on the back.
13.jpg

Scale shot of the CM stacker in all its glory.

Comments? Likes? :)

yes :(

The res i had in there sprung a leak and the tygon tubing was all gunky anyway, dont have time to wait/pay for more with school right now. so i got some cheap stuff at home depot.

T-line can increase flow over most reservoirs(not mine though ;) ) but the way he has his it is really killing the intake of that pump. Look at the whole setup and you will see what I mean.

so what would you suggest to increase intake/flow? (besides better tubing that dosent kink, thats obvious) moving the component placing isnt much of an option, theyre fairly permenant.

To start I think a Y fitting would be better, but otherwise I think it'd look a lot better if you got some sleeved power cables or even just routed them a little better, ie, behind all the watercooling stuff. A watercooling setup doesn't look half as cool with wires dangling all over it.

I think I remember hearing that you can use zip ties to smooth out a kink like that. I've never tried it though, so I don't know how well it works. At least it's not too expensive and would help the flow out quite a bit.

Turn the pump around. After you do that you should be able to put the T between the VGA cooler and the pump going straight(right now there is a 90 degree turn through the T). This should also help the kinks at the intake and the VGA if you move the pump a lil forward in the case.

One quick question, if you have a BIG case like that, do you really see a temp difference on bringing out the rad of the case as opposed to in say near the bottom or would it not fit?

I do like those vinyl grommets for the case that your tubbing comes out of, it makes it look a little cleaner.

upstreamcurrent said:
I think I remember hearing that you can use zip ties to smooth out a kink like that. I've never tried it though, so I don't know how well it works. At least it's not too expensive and would help the flow out quite a bit.

yup sompe zip ties will fix those kinks

you could turn the rad around and drill 2 holes for the fittings and connect it on the inside to have less tubing. otherwise good job

Back