• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New case for water cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoodleGTS

Hi,

I'm looking for a new case for water cooling. I want something nice (not plastic) and preferably with a side window. I like the Cosmos S, but I don't like the all-mesh front. I want to be able to fit everything inside, not outside!

Oh and I want a BLACK case!

UFO's are very very nice. The Antec 1200 is very nice. 120.2 rad ready, and 3 120mm intakes plus 200mm fan on top. I am seriously considering doing the following:

Antec 1200 with a Swiftech H20-220 Compact Liquid Cooling Kit w/Apogee Drive for a Quad cpu, and run air on my GPU. Arctic cooling S2 v2 plus that air flow can handle any gpu quiet nicely.

Antec 1200 is over $200 so unless you really want a big and overpriced full size case, Antec 900 (mid tower) is a lot cheaper for a few inches smaller.

The few inches smaller (a fan difference in fact, both front and rear) makes all the difference regarding watercooling: you could mount (with a little effort) a triple and a double rads internal in an Antec 1200, well over the watercooling expectatives of an Antec 900 (except if you're gonna mount the watercooling, at least the rad/s, external).

In any case

I want something nice (not plastic)

What do you mean exactly with that? Cosmos S and Antec 1200 both have considerable quantity of plastic on them, so if you're really wanting an all metalic appearance, I'd look elsewhere (as Lian Li, Silverstone, some other Cooler Masters and even Gigabyte chassis)

What's your budget? I've heard the Silverstone TJ07 is great for watercooling and it's a gorgeous case, but it's on the pricey side.

EDIT: Taken from a google image search:

Back