• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New cell processor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Too bad normal dualcore prescotts ( smithfields ) wont have HT enabled, since I realy wont have money for Extreme Edition. As for the Cell we should wait and see :-/, lol just imagine farm with playstations :cool:

Is it just me...or is that new processor starting to look like the CPU from the TERMINATOR?!?!?

Skynet may not be too far away..

Start stocking up of twinkies and Yoohoo..(the only 2 things that can survive through a Nuclear Blast).

It's no problem at all, only a matter of time before somebody cracks it and runs linux on a terminator! ¦¬)

lol sweet for intel but not for us but they properly gonna be so good for Boinc/Seti properly be worth selling all your comps if u have 4 and getting one big beast :D

I think Lion would be the only one on the forums who could survive the terminators (If that really is a pic of you, OMFG... your not ripped, but jesus man your friggin huge.... good job!).

BTW... from that acticle it seems that that "Cell" chip will have over 2mb of Cache..... nice!

That is really me in the pic... I've just put some pics on my website so you can see for yourself that I'm honest! I was fortunate enough to spend a couple of days with the strongest man in the world. If you ever watch WSM on tv, you'll recognize them. Not many people in the world are over 300lbs ripped you know... Besides, I just love eating too much! lol

And yeah, I could probably kick a terminator's ***! ¦¬)

http://www.solutionsparadox.com/Dave.htm

Nice pics sir_LOIN !! being a swede and all i like Magnus Samuelsson !!!

But Mariusz is great also..great muscles there...

The Wizard

Sir Loin.. remind me never to **** u off. Wow

That cell proc sounds good but i'll wait and see how it performs. Supposedly the power PC was supposed to being running at 4GH+ at this point. So i'll wait and see

yes, the article said it will support Other OS's ( and it specificly stated Linux is supported )

But holy mother Hot Digety damn! that thing should crunchy mighty well!!

i want, i want, i want, I WANT THAT NOW!!

Is Ps3 suppose to kill off the pc. Sounds like it. When is this cell cpu suppose to be released. Will it ever be made for a pc platform.
Thanks

I think Ed's front page article pretty well summed it up - it's a power pc on steroids, but not the best thing since slided bread.

Back