• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Comp.. Venomous X mounting issue/clearance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gristenn

Hi all,
I just got this built yesterday and upon installing the heatsink I noticed that there was no way I was going to get the Push fan installed on the ram side. I also thought about flipping the heatsink the other way so the fans face up but then i run into more clearance issues with the vid card and the Ram again.

Comp Specs:
HAF-X case (this thing is a monster)
I7-2600k
MSI GTX580 Lightning
16Gb Corsair Vengenace ram
ASRock Z68 Fatal1ty Pro mobo
Venomous X-RT heatsink (only 1 fan installed on pull side)

Picture of issue:
2011-09-21_12-58-51_400.jpg
[/IMG]

Is there another way of mounting the fans? A different bracket to hold the fans? Can I mount a slim fan somehow? Any advice would be greatly appriciated. I want to OC this rig to 4.2-4.4 but i know without a push pull it will never happen.

Thanks for the help.

Curtis

Push/Pull will only gain you between 1-2C, check my review. Plus, Sandy Bridge runs really cool. So, one fan will do fine. You should be able to get your desired 4.2-4.4GHz OC out of that chip easily.

I'm running a i7 2600K with the Venomous X and one fan and it's currently at ~4.8GHz.

I've only ever ran a single fan. I mount two on the heatsink, one is a high-performance Delta and the other is a standard 1800RPM case fan. I use them for benching and daily tasks, respectively. But I only run one fan at a time.

Push/Pull isn't required in my experience. Especially with an awesome cooler like the VenomousX. :)

Back