• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New fans in the case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nicklo

Registered
Hello,

I'd like to know how you would place the fans in my case to get good airflow(right now I have 2 mounted fans - 1 rear, 1 middle front). Also, soon I will buy cpu cooling for ryzen 2600.
Is it good to mount 2 fans under GPU ? I have RTX 2060 and I would like to oc it.

case -
Probably I will buy Arctic P12 PWM PST(static pressure) or Arctic F12(high airflow), they are decent for this price.

On my case I have 4 in 2 out. When I remove my side panel, mobo and gpu temps drop by 1c. Works good.

Edit:

That is to say, with my front fans running at 7v.

If I have my fans running at 12v, and remove the side panel, my mobo temps and everything else increases.

Last edited:
Of the two fans you listed, the Arctic F12 (high airflow) will work slightly better as a case fan. Slightly higher airflow with slightly lower noise.

Of the two fans you listed, the Arctic F12 (high airflow) will work slightly better as a case fan. Slightly higher airflow with slightly lower noise.

I have owned an Arctic 12, and it was a good fan; don't know why it was not in the first chart here: https://www.overclockers.com/noctua-nf-a12x25-fan-review/
(The first chart directly applies to 120mm fans in the case ventilation mode.)
I have searched the spreadsheet that provided the data for that chart. No information on the Arctic 12.

I will never forget how, in 2011 or so, a "Blue Eye" Thermaltake 120mm bit me and drew blood. 2500rpm fans can do that, if their blades are sharp.

The Arctic fans should be good.

First question for air flow is if your case is placed on carpet or a hard surface. Also is there an option to mount the PSU so that it draws air in from below the case and out the back. If you're not on carpet that is the way to go. I would not use the bottom intake but I would use the lowest front intake to feed air towards the GPU. I would also consider using the top rear as an exhaust, in addition to the one there. I like to have good air flow through the case, not so much emphasis on positive or negative pressure. Especially if you have decent filters on the intakes.

Back