• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New FIOS install tomorrow

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Anyone lucky enough to live in Kansas City? http://www.google.com/fiber

I remember when they had the competition going earlier this year or late last year where they had different citys propose what they would use it for. I think there was a city in Utah that was in the final bunch but didn't get chosen. :bang head:mad::bang head

Who wants to move to Kansas City?! We can all buy a big mansion and then get millions and billions of computers :bday::attn::ty::clap::rofl:

I just wish I could get a cable connection here in my house... new housing development out in the country with only DSL @6mb down sucks. I have been contacting Timewarner cable and they are moving into my area later this summer so I might be going with there 30/5 plan once they get here.

but I would kill for a FiOS connection here in central Ohio.

If you have AT&T in your area, you will NEVER get FIOS. You have to get AT&T U-verse which is similar.

300mb at $210/mo is still cheaper than what cable and other phone providers can come up with.......while having 2-3x the bandwidth still.

That's some awsome speeds/ping time. Congrats. I'm at the mercy of TWC RR service here. Not great, but not bad. Friend of mine out in MA has Fios. Once I saw it in action I fell in luv with it. Unfortunately Fios is not available in my area (Public Housing) :rolleyes:. I'm pretty fed up with TWC and their bullcrap packages. I don't order anything like moves/PPV or anything like that yet my services don't change but the effin' bill is always on the rise :mad: Can't wait to move.

fastest fios we have here... well its weird i can get 12 but my cousin two blocks away can get 18 and my other cousin 2 blocks from him can only get 12 lol but welcome to rural america i pay 35 bucks a month i believe for the 12/1.5 (yea its fios lol they had to come run a new line to the house was surprised myself) but just last year best we could get was 6mb lol
oh yea its ATT u-verse

sad in ark city where i stayed for a while when i first got with the wife (10 miles away) i could get 50/idk upload cable for 100 bucks a month but we had the 25\5? i think for 60 a month

I live in Microsoft land in Washington State and I still haven't heard any promising news about FIOS in my area.

F'n lame.

as youwould guess I'm one happy camper :) I'll never move where fios is not :)

Been waiting and waiting for it to arrive down here in South Jersey.

MY Mom has it in suburban PA. I have checked the DSLreports maps for FIOS coverage but never seems to be near me. Was supposed to be installed at my last house "next year" for the last 4 years.

Been waiting and waiting for it to arrive down here in South Jersey.

MY Mom has it in suburban PA. I have checked the DSLreports maps for FIOS coverage but never seems to be near me. Was supposed to be installed at my last house "next year" for the last 4 years.

I heard they are not expanding anytime soon now. Something about needing to get some return on investment for awile

U-Verse is fiber. AT&T Fast Access is DSL

Uverse is fiber to the distribution boxes, but not to the house most places. Additionally, Uverse still uses a dslam, which is the primary technology behind dsl, the only difference is the transmission medium is coax/fiber instead of phone lines :-\

Uverse is fiber to the distribution boxes, but not to the house most places. Additionally, Uverse still uses a dslam, which is the primary technology behind dsl, the only difference is the transmission medium is coax/fiber instead of phone lines :-\

IIRC, it's a new gen of DSL, called VDSL.

Most ISPs didn't upgrade to VDSL, which is supposed to be the successor to ADSL2+.

And Springfield, Vermont-based VTel is jumping to FTTH!

wish we had that fancy internets here in bfe oklahoma lol google maps this place we have one redlight lol

Back