• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New gaming build - Thoughts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks good to me really... If you are on 1080p and not planning on 2560x1440 or multiple monitors, you can go 780 and save a bit of cash.

Yeah just going to be doing the one screen, once in a blue moon I play a film on my TV through my PC.

GPU can be dropped to a 780 instead of the Ti assuming you're running 1080p.

PSU is way overkill. Even getting the Seasonic G 550 would be overkill.

No need for 2666 RAM. Grab some G.SKILL 1866 CL9 1.5V and be done.

SSD looks good, also look at the 840 EVO 500GB. Not sure how the price will compare for you.

Did the ram change, LOL? I do not recall it being 2666!! +1 to lesser speed.

+1 on 550W PSU if you never plan on SLI/CFX down the road.

Okay will look at getting a 550. Done SLI before but I just prefer to get one card and upgrade it when the time comes.

Is there an actually big difference in the 780 and 780 TI? I thought the specs for the TI were just better by a bit. But I take it for the price its not worth it?

Cheers

Okay will look at getting a 550. Done SLI before but I just prefer to get one card and upgrade it when the time comes.

Is there an actually big difference in the 780 and 780 TI? I thought the specs for the TI were just better by a bit. But I take it for the price its not worth it?

Cheers

The difference of the Ti is irrelevant for 1080p, as the 780 will max out every game at that resolution.

The PSU I suggested is comparable to the one you had in the original post, only cheaper and lower wattage.

The more stress you put on the IMC, the less speed you'll be able to get out of the cores. You're better off with 1866Mhz RAM. That'll give headroom for a big overclock on the CPU.

If you're just running at 1080P, the 780Ti is a waste. Even the 780 is a waste, but definitely don't go any higher. Also consider the R9 290.

Forgot to mention that I am looking to get a 1440p monitor. First off is the improvement from 1080p worth it and second would I see a 30% drop in FPS from the 780? Also would the TI help in this situation?

Cheers

Back