• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Hdd not showing correct Storage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bizznizz

Hi all,

After installing my new 1 TB HDD and trying to clone it as my old one is getting really slow and noisy it was not loading OS. So i booted from old HDD and tried formatting it and "cleaning it" in windows powershell which seemed to of cleared it.

so i tried re initialising the HDD and its coming up as 2794.50 GB unallocated

i cant work out cloning so will be getting a USB stick to do the fresh install of windows but with the HDD size be an issue.

i am really confused and would appreciate some help.

thanks in advance!

When you do the fresh install of Windows choose the Custom option and then delete all partitions before installing.

Just done that started installing things like steam, blizzard so on on install asked me to restart... I did, I also unplugged the windows install usb and tried too boot and apparently no windows installed :/

Did you don't have any other storage drive connected to the system during the installation besides the installer flash drive. Windows gets confused sometimes if you do and starts installing necessary system files on the wrong drive. Also, make sure that in bios you have the correct drive selected as the boot drive and then during installation make sure you choose that one to install to.

Back