• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED New help on a new build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

powerade661

Registered
Guys I am new to this forum so please bear with me, I am not sure if I am posting this in the right area either, so forgive me for that. Moving onto my question, I have a build that I am really concerned about. First of all here is my build, I attached 2 pictures below.

I want to know if a 1000 watt power supply is enough, I already have 1 GTX 780 Ti and I am wanting to SLI; that is my main concern, will a Corsair RM 1000 be OK to SLI two 780 ti's on top of everything else I have? Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Powerade661

Attachments

• First part.PNG
    First part.PNG
    47.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Second part.PNG
    Second part.PNG
    26.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
A 1000 watt Corsair PSU should have zero problems running GTX 780 ti SLI. Corsair's PSUs are rock solid.

I assume that you plan to OC?

Thanks for replying to my post, I realize this is the wrong place to post about this kind of question, sorry about that but anyway I am definitely no longer having any doubts, thanks for your help. :)

You will be fine.

How many monitors are you running since you are getting 2 780ti GPUs? What resolution?

Just one monitor, I plan to get another down the road and use Nvidia Surround, but for now I am staying with one monitor I just need the extra GPU power.

I would get a single 780ti now, and when you get your monitors, then look into the other one. 1 780ti will pound through 2560x1440/1600 resolutions. Save your cash for when you need to spend it.

GL!

I already have a GTX 780 Ti and its not meeting my needs for video rendering or gaming...

If you classify Battlefield 4 resolution scale 200% everything max, and Crysis 3 every max with AA, and everything enabled and HD video rendering, then I guess my needs would be high. Overall I feel it is better to future proof myself for when newer games come out. I am not planning on only playing those two games at max settings;

I am looking at a future wide perspective if you know what I mean. I am not being high maintenance by any means, I would prefer to save money with this build which is why it seems a little bit overkill. I also understand that the games won't use the other 2 cores from my six core processor, however I believe rendering will definitely use those 6 cores.

It is... nobody runs the scale at 200% as, I highly doubt even 2 780ti's will be able to render it properly. I run mine at 115% with a single 780. Much above that and things get nasty FPS wise. That is just SSAA on the scene is all. You would be better off running additional AA from the NVCP that cranking that to 200%. RE: Crysis3 at Max with AA with a single 780 I get lower FPS at 2560x1440, but still plenty playable (40-50 IIRC).

I just think that those two examples are anomalous more than anything.

I see what you mean but, your barometer is just a bit off IMO. Bad examples to use to make a $700 purchase since those are exceptions, and to mention again, not sure 2 780ti's will even run 200% scaling either (3 Titans can't!). ;)

GL! :)

Everything looks fine but I would ditch that hard drive and then cremate it in a fire but just me (I Hate seagate hard drives with a passion). You can get a 2TB Western Digital black for around $15 more and double the space as well and won't crap out on you after 35 seconds.

Also, I'd recommend if you can afford it to get a Samsung 840 EVO SSD drive. Newegg's having a sale on their 120GB version for $79.99 I believe and running your 2TB hard drive as slave. Only changes I'd suggest you make everything else is fine.

So then you would suggest I stay with my current configuration? Here is my current configuration.

PSU: Corsair Professional Gold Series AX 850w

Mobo: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3

Memory: G-Skill Ripjaws 8GB 1600MHz

Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D

HDD: Samsung F3 1.5TB

SSD: Crucial M4 60GB

CPU: i5 2500K 3.30GHz

CPU Cooler: Corsair H80

Graphics card: GTX 780 Ti Superclocked

I probably should mention I have already ordered the Samsung 840 EVO 120GB for my OS alone.

So then you would suggest I stay with my current configuration? Here is my current configuration.

PSU: Corsair Professional Gold Series AX 850w

Mobo: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3

Memory: G-Skill Ripjaws 8GB 1600MHz

Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D

HDD: Samsung F3 1.5TB

SSD: Crucial M4 60GB

CPU: i5 2500K 3.30GHz

CPU Cooler: Corsair H80

Graphics card: GTX 780 Ti Superclocked

Yeah, that would be fine too if you wanted to save money.

I probably should mention I have already ordered the Samsung 840 EVO 120GB for my OS alone.

Oh okay, never mind then.

Thanks for all your help guys, it's nice to have good input from other people in the IT realm, I am still a noob when it comes to hardware, but I am slowly adapting to the environment. My main strong point is software, I love to program and troubleshoot software issues. :)

Back