• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New here OC Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rikoku311

Hey Guys,

First time posting but been coming here for a long time. Im having a problem with my computer. When i built it about a year ago i was able to OC my CPU to about 3.096GHz by changing the Bus speed to 129MHz seeing as the multiplier is locked at 24x. i was running it like this for about 10 months with no problem full system stability, running every system stress test i can find. At that time i had a COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 and was just running my WD 1.5 TB HDD. still running windows 7 64-bit.

About 2 months ago i ran into a good deal at Frys and i got myself a Corsair H50 Water cooler and a Corsair 60GB SSD.

I Installed the H50 correctly and hooked up the SSD. did a clean install of Windows 7 64bit. Hard Drives set under AHCI and reinstalled all the drivers using newest ones. figuring i might be able to get a bit more power out of the CPU with the water cooling i decided to bump up the bus speed to 130MHz. tried to booth into windows and i got BSOD. i brought it back down to 129MHz and tried getting into windows and again a BSOD. i tried messing with the cpu voltage and APU voltage going up at .005 increments nothing. IT wouldnt let me boot into windows unless i had the MHz set to 103 or less. All Adjustments were done manually using the bios. I also messed with the settings
CPU Load Line Calibration
CPU/NB Load Line Calibration
CPU Current Capability
CPU/NB current Capability and CPU Power Phase Control

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

------------------
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Processor: AMD A6-3500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (3 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Multiplier: 24x
Bus Speed: 103.0 MHz
Motherboard: Asus F1A75-V PRO (BIOS V.2206)
Memory: 8192MB RAM Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 (2X 4GB)
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Hard Drive: Corsair CSSD-F60GB2 ATA Device
Hard Drive: WDC WD1502FYPS-02W3B0 ATA Device

Back