• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New i5 2500k overclock What is my next step?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok now, At 4.9 I ran Prime Blend for 2 hrs. I have my voltage in my bios set to 1.425 V (display in cpuz shows a max voltage of 1.464v, but most often under load it shows 1.444v in cpuz)
(When bios was set to 1.410v , it failed in prime.)

I will try to lower my voltage to below 1.425 but higher than the 1.410v it failed at and check for stable.

My max temp spike was 89C , but 99% of the time it was 78-82C.
Idle is below 40C

What might be some advice for further tweaking (beside trying to bring the voltage down a little) , or trying to get higher than 4.9?

OR based on my voltage and temps, would you recommend I don't go any higher?

Last edited:
Ok thanks,
I now see how LLC effects voltage. When have my LLC at 75% my voltage under load is very close to my bios set 1.4v. When I had it at 50% my voltage was quite a bit lower than bios set 1.4, and LLC at 100% my voltage went high above 1.4v.

So, to find a stable OC for 24x7, is having my LLC at 75% and my voltage set to 1.4v a good plan?

Last edited:
What you want from the LLC is to have it keep the voltage as close to the Set Cpu voltage in the BIOS under load. It may take a bit of trial and error to do so because every board and even BIOS for the board is different.

Back