• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new ipods released

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
jnev_89 said:
becasue office is a program 95% of the computer-owning population couldn't live without, even if it is made by m$. appleworks isn't that great (compared to most of apple's software

yea, i dont know a single person who doesnt use office

jnev_89 said:
becasue office is a program 95% of the computer-owning population couldn't live without, even if it is made by m$.

i guess that makes me one of the 5%

i have an ipod mini, i don't love it or hate it. it just is (christmas present), what really annoys me is i only get around 4 hours battery life out of it when the specs say i shuld get 8.

oh well. c'est la vie

subtotal said:

i have an ipod mini, i don't love it or hate it. it just is (christmas present), what really annoys me is i only get around 4 hours battery life out of it when the specs say i shuld get 8.

oh well. c'est la vie

Four hours is not normal at all. Give apple a call, they will probably replace it for ya for free.

i also use openoffice sometimes when i'm using linux, but the point is that most people don't even know what linux or openoffice is, so naturally they use ms office

subtotal said:

oh well. c'est la vie

8 hours is rated for one song on continous playback. If you browse and skip songs lots when you use your ipod, the battery drains a lot faster. Make playlists at home and just let the ipod run is the best way to go.

im guessing since the new ipod minis have 18 hours, you should be able to find a replacement battery for your mini sometime soon. if you're willing to do some moding it would probably only be $30

four hours is more of an exaduration, i might get four hour of play time, but i have a tendencey to keep it on standby gor long periods of time which cuts into the battery life

man_utd said:
Because microsoft owns part of apple?

Microsoft does not own apple stock anymore. A few years ago they bought several million dollars worth of non-voting stock so they could continue their work on office for mac's os. They have since sold every share for an undisclosed amount (they did make a handsome profit, so insiders say). If you wan't more details, check google..

Dayton

but bill gates still has to give apple money so they don't die out, cause if apple dies, Microsoft becomes a monopoly, and then they die =P

anyway, i stll would get a zen (hell, even a zen touch, the iPod ripoff) just cause it can hold all of my music (i got well over the 6GB of a mini-iPod)... i got like 10GB of music, and then the leftover space on a 40GB zen xtra (my brother has one) i could use to backup computer stuff... plus the zen xtra lasts a looong time.... i dunno if apple fixed it or not, but their ipods battery used to die 18 months after purchase... and to replace it, you need to pay some $150-$225 to replace it... so you might as well get a new ipod...

STILL, i dunno if apple fixed it... ipods are cool lookin an all, but i like the silver of my brothers zen =P.... and the storage space

wrong, old batteries can be replaced for $30. the new batteries are better than the old ones.

the shuffle can also play in order. its like a portable playlist you can customize at your computer.

leedog2007 said:
the ipod shuffle is so stupid, no one is going to want to randomly select songs. it will only sell because its got the ipod name

Acutally shuffle is one of the most popular features across the board for mp3 players. It wasn't avail on the early ipods but enough people demanded it that apple added it.

I know several (15 or so) that have the shuffle. They love it. It will sell well, yes because it has the iPod name but also because it's simple and does what it supposed to. I'm thinking about buying one to use while running as I don't want to take my 4g 20gbiPod. I run on hiking trails so it's a bit rough for a harddrive player..

Dayton

schnikies79 said:
Microsoft does not own apple stock anymore. A few years ago they bought several million dollars worth of non-voting stock so they could continue their work on office for mac's os. They have since sold every share for an undisclosed amount (they did make a handsome profit, so insiders say). If you wan't more details, check google..

Dayton

Thanks for the correction. Wasn't sure, and it's always nice to see someone who is sure.

the shuffle isn't bad considering its a pen drive/mp3 player. My friend has one but he got his as a review sample so he didn't have to pay for it.

Back