• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New MB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AEsnowboarding

Hey guys I just ordered a new NF7 MB and was wondering what I have to do software wise in order to get it running??? Just get ride of old MB driver and stuff Like that??

the cd that comes with it should set you up at start.

i don't know if uninstalling the old drivers would be enough though. i tried moving a hard drive with win xp preinstalled from an old pIII to nf7s just to see what would happen :p
it won't even boot to windows start-up screen.

yours is a closer match but still, be prepared to reinstall windows. i'd advise you to back-up everything you need while you have the time.

if, on the other hand, you have win 98-ME, it's no prob, just plug the drive, install the drivers and off you go :p . not sure why, though.

You could have done this and not had to reinstall

In regedit find this key :

HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG > SYSTEM > CURRENTCONTROLSET > ENUM

You simply Delete the entire ENUM key close regedit and shutdown your PC right there and move it to you new Rig. Boot the system. When Windows begins to load it will start detecting your new hardware and build your new hardware profiles ( this may take more than one restart of the OS)

i tried that (during my lil' experiment, see above) and that trick didn't work, so AE, you didn't loose much.
actually it's a good idea to reinstall windows afresh from time to time; too much junk piles up in it's insides.

Back