• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Member Welcome Mat !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
< - - -Noob here ! Hi everyone ! After months of skimming through these threads on this site I am just now signing up, don't know why i didn't sooner?

Edit: Apparently I joined 9/22/12 and just forgot, I thought the process of verifying this account was the actual activation part, lol.

Last edited:
Hi all,
Timing of me joining this forum coincides with....
My asus sabertooth mark 2 getting burnt.
I have heard bad reviews for Asus's customer service. Will reach out to them tomorrow. I hope things turn out better for me. >.<

Regards,
-Abhiman

:welcome: abhiman. The best advice for you is, if you do have to RMA it, take lots of pictures and document everything. Sorry to hear about your board and I hope it all works out well.

Hello everyone.

Long time computer nerd here; signing up because I am bout to do my first build and my first overclock.

I play Mechwarrior Online a lot, and I also enjoy Skyrim and Fallout (with mods, of course). Gonna build a new PC to slaughter these games, and then some.

I am also a professional programmer, but I have never really gotten into the hardware side of things... until now.

Hi all,
I have heard bad reviews for Asus's customer service. Will reach out to them tomorrow. I hope things turn out better for me. >.<

Regards,
-Abhiman

:welcome: abhiman. The best advice for you is, if you do have to RMA it, take lots of pictures and document everything. Sorry to hear about your board and I hope it all works out well.
:welcome: !!
Also ensure you install the CPU protector - the little plastic thing and get a pic of that too.

Hello everyone.

Long time computer nerd here; signing up because I am bout to do my first build and my first overclock.

I play Mechwarrior Online a lot, and I also enjoy Skyrim and Fallout (with mods, of course). Gonna build a new PC to slaughter these games, and then some.

I am also a professional programmer, but I have never really gotten into the hardware side of things... until now.

:welcome: !!

I just installed a few lighting mods into Skyrim last night - holy cow, wish I knew about that when I first played! Need a new GPU to keep up with the mods now LOL!

You're in the right place to OC your rig to the max :thup:

Welcome to your new home abhiman and Fire and Salt!

Hi all,

Regards,
-Abhiman

If it's burnt, they will very likely blame it on you, your power supply, the wiring in your house, or any other excuse they can come up with not to repair. Generally speaking, these days, motherboard mfg's will not RMA any physically damaged board. Burns, cut traces, missing socket pins, etc. They tell you to get lost. It's sad but it's the way things are. The only exception (sometimes) is Gigabyte. Asus is among the worst for honoring warranty.

Hi guys, just joined and looking forward to help, advice et al. New'ish to overclocking and have recently moved to the z97 platform with a 4790K and have started to dabble in watercooling so hopefully you guys will give me a helping hand.

Hi all,

Regards,
-Abhiman

My Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 burnt as well (ATX 24 pins).

These things can't handle 4*280X's overclocked, lol!

I soldered 2 wires at the back of the board and connected them straight to the power supply plug.

Back