• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Members Post here,...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just joined also. Convinced my bro to put on the screensaver. I am running folding on my system and trying to get another one up and running.

mdcomp said:
I just joined also. Convinced my bro to put on the screensaver. I am running folding on my system and trying to get another one up and running.

you have been on a day and no one has welcomed you to team... we must be getting slow:eek:

Well, WELCOME TO THE FOLD and glad to have you on the team!!!

Welcome to the team everyone. It's amazing to watch this thread grow. Sit back, have a :beer: and Fold On :burn:

New folders- a team within the team

Welcome OC3d to the Fold! OC3d is an alliance of several Overclockers.com 3dmark Team members. A lot of us were formerly folding under personal usernames, but now we Fold as one! In just the first 24 hours of its existence, OC3d has recruited 2 new members to the Fold!

Welcome to the Fold Cullam3n!
Welcome to the Fold takiwa!

We also brought Starfox back into the Fold of Team 32!!! Welcome back, bro!

Hope everyone on OC3d enjoys the ride to the top! We will no doubt continue to snowball and pick up more people on OC3d. And OC3d will advertise Team 32 on the 3dmark Team's website, as well as show everyone on team 32 what (some of) the 3dmark team's members are bringing to Team 32.

Fold on everyone!

Last edited:
another new member here, I got a question though, if I have more than 1 machine to fold with the same username, does that work or it has to be different names? And can it folds along with Prime95 or it has to hog the whole machine to itself?

if you have 2 rigs to fold with donw load the F@H client for each of them and yes you can use your name for both it adds it together at the stanford site to give you your total. prime95 should be off becaue F@H uses your UNUSED CPu cycles and if you are runnig prime 95 then F@H wont be able to use is full potential.

WElcome to the team and to the fold

Folding@Home

Welcome to Team 32 New_Novice!!!

You should turn F@H and any other programs off when running benchmarks. Folding and Prime can run together, but they will both go much slower.
Folding@Home is an idle process- it takes up the cpu's slack and only uses what cpu cycles you have left over after any higher priority processes. It won't slow you down in anything that you do... well maybe 1% or less, not a noticeable amount.

If you're using Prime95 to test stability or burn-in your system.... Folding@Home also does these tasks quite well, since it keeps the cpu working hard whenerver its running.

oh ok thanks, I got 4 rigs, only 2 worth mentioning in my sig (worth to me :) )

1. 1224 Mhz Duron (Folding)
2. 960 Cel (Prime 95)
3. 233 Pentium (unused at the moment, it's on but not doing anything)
4. 100 AMD K6-2 (also unused, but on too)
5. 100 Pentium (also unused, not enough monitor, so this one is off)

*6. And a relic that was bought in 1995 Pentium 90, the freaking thing is as heavy as a horse, dead somewhere,

Oh and I'm using Prime 95 to crunch number since last Mar (1 year ago) finding the 1 billion math something.....hmmm maybe I should stop that....

new_novice said:
oh ok thanks, I got 4 rigs, only 2 worth mentioning in my sig (worth to me :) )

1. 1224 Mhz Duron (Folding)
2. 960 Cel (Prime 95)
3. 233 Pentium (unused at the moment, it's on but not doing anything)

those will prolly be the only ones to get WU's done on time. Thse usuall minimun is 200mhz. The 233 will go very slow, but it shoul barely get the work done on time:)

WELCOME TO THE TEAM

Re: XP

Arkaine23 said:

I'd say 30+ points per week.

Welcome to the Fold!

I think it would be closer to 45pts week. I basing this on the fact that my duron@950 gets around 30pts. Amd folding power is .033 X mhz= pts. thats an average with a flux of different proteins. if you were only getting the higher point proteins it would be higher and just the opposite if all you were getting was lower point proteins

WOW! :eek:

LOOK at all the new FACES!! Smile everyone! :D

Welcome to all you new folks! :clap:

INKEEPER! Grog for all these new friends! :beer: ... and maybe one for me as well. :D

<note to self> I gotta' visit this thread more often. :rolleyes: </note to self>

Back