• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Members Post here,...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Welcome to the fold MikeT:D
yes, you've set it up right, but you really don't need the "(overclockers.com)" unless you want it on there. The team designation establishes that. :D

Okay, I got the overclocker.com thing from the faq, but I realise it's a bit old and things have changed. Anyhow the program is doing it's thing and I am glad to be contributing a bit.
Mike

MikeT said:
Okay, I got the overclocker.com thing from the faq, but I realise it's a bit old and things have changed. Anyhow the program is doing it's thing and I am glad to be contributing a bit.
Mike

also make sure you check ou the "how much do we have folding" thread and add you mhz... errr.. subtract them:)

Well, I don't have much horsepower to add, but my trusty old P3 coppermine is chugging away. I've enlisted another friend with a P3 to help, and my roomie is letting me install on her P4 Laptop tonight...every lil WU helps, eh?

Soon to come, well as soon as bloody RDRAM PC-1066 hits the streets, I'll be adding a P1.6A overclocked to ???

Peace

Last edited:
Welcome to the fold Widemouth40,

and yes EVERY little WU helps. We all appreciate the effort that you are putting in. It may even help someone you know someday.:D

WideMouth40 said:
Well, I don't have much horsepower to add, but my trusty old P3 coppermine is chugging away. I've enlisted another friend with a P3 to help, and my roomie is letting me install on her P4 Laptop tonight...every lil WU helps, eh?

Soon to come, well as soon as bloody RDRAM PC-1066 hits the streets, I'll be adding a P1.6A overclocked to ???

Peace

Welcome to the fold Widemouth40:D

welcome to the forums and to the fold every one. you have decided to join a great group of people in team 32.

Well I just now decided to join the masses and fold with my 1.5 p4 willy LMAO...

...just one problem (I dont know if this is the right place to ask, sorry if it isnt). I signed up on the site, signed up thru the client as ---X--- and joined team 32, and when it tries to connect to get the WU, it always gives a network recv timeout error and retries, and it just wont work. This might be my connection (Im on 28.8k, connect at 26.4k), but it works fine for games, pages, other downloads, etc. Is there something I need to do to fix it or should I just wait later and retry?

---X--- said:
Well I just now decided to join the masses and fold with my 1.5 p4 willy LMAO...

...just one problem (I dont know if this is the right place to ask, sorry if it isnt). I signed up on the site, signed up thru the client as ---X--- and joined team 32, and when it tries to connect to get the WU, it always gives a network recv timeout error and retries, and it just wont work. This might be my connection (Im on 28.8k, connect at 26.4k), but it works fine for games, pages, other downloads, etc. Is there something I need to do to fix it or should I just wait later and retry?

Welcome to the Team ---X---. :D
What you are experiencing is a problem with one of the servers. It's probably not on your end but it could be that one of the stanford servers is down and it will keep cycling on that server for a short while before moving on to another server. waiting and retrying later may help with that.

Welcome to the Fold, ---X---:D We're glad to have ya aboard!
You've got it configured properly from the sounds of it. Just give it a little while, it'll get a work packet.

Yodums said:
I just joined and jumped boats from SETI to Folding.

Yodums

Allright Yodums, glad to have you aboard.

Do you think some of your fellow SETI crunchers would follow you?

After all, if we cure diseases it may improve all of humanity more than knowing that there are other civilizations in the galaxy.

Even if someone finds ET their civilization may have died before their radio signals could reach us.

I ramble on, WELCOME to the FOLD Yodums. We are happy to see your contribution.

-chris:D

I just joined and started folding right away. I have a few questions. First, how do I know how much I have completed? Second, what is wu progress? It says 1/10. Also, is that pie looking thing the progress? Thanks

Back