• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Members Post here,...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hehe

I suspect I have been somewhere similar once or twice too lol

Is good to have another strong folder on the team. Glad you could join us in our Quest to find the cure for everything - well some important things anyways :D

After finally figuring out how to make my new GPU fold on it's own along with my CPU so that I run two WUs , I'm doing about 10K ppd. Can not imagine stepping back spending otherwise idle cycles now!
(EDIT: Clarification of folding hardware)

Last edited:
Good one :)

But why not set some of that CPU to folding also ?
Maybe set 2 or 3 cores to the SMP slot, allowing the other 1 or two to feed the 7850 info.
(AMD cards need a core to feed them info)

Well, glad to have you with us ^^

Just signed up and started folding for Team 32. I didn't even know this existed until recently. I myself have had a cancerous tumor removed from my kidney and my father has stage 4 colon cancer.

I am going to build another machine and set it up to fold too. I think this is a great cause and has personal meaning for me.

Bill

Hi Guys,

I really love this folding idea, i did try Folding once a while back but i didn't have much luck setting it up, My RIG specs are in my sig. I'm sure i should be able to get some good stats for the team.

Any help or info to get me folding again would be appreciated. I wouldn't mind if some one could take the time to maybe Team Viewer into my PC and configure it for me?

Regards,
Spliffie

Hi guys,

and thanks @'Cuda340

So im set up and it seems to be working, only thing i want to know now is i dont really want to be "Priming" my PC so hard all the time. so i changed under configure -> advanced -> CPU usage - from 100% to 50% . But this did not seem to do anything CPU was still at 100% on all 6 cores and temps were ok but just dont wanna run burnin all day get my drift.

Regards,
Spliffie

Hiya Spliffie,

The CPU usage slider only affects one CPU core

I imagine you are folding on your 6870's also ?
AMD GPU's need about 1 CPU core dedicated to feed them folding info - hence you are still at 100% CPU usage.

folding@home although it does put CPU usage at 100% is not as stressful as prime95 and should run cooler.

To configure FAHControl to use 4/6 CPUcores :

Select the Advanced Drop down
Click Configure
Click the Slots tab
select the 1 smp and click Edit
Change the SMP CPUs from -1 to 4

Doing this will improve your PPD score as well.
If you were to set the SMP CPU's to 3 instead of 4 you would probably see a drop in CPU usage per core in Task Manager.

Is probably best to that CPU usage slider back to 100% too as is better to balance CPU load by number of assigned SMP working cores i believe

I think that should get you to how you want to be :)

Hello all! Brand new to this, just did about a half hour of reading before installing. I'm not entirely sure I set up my username correctly. I didn't see it in the user stats database, so I went ahead and used "Dlaw". I still don't see it anywhere though. Is that normal?

Anyway, the client is telling me that I have an estimated PPD of ~24000. Is that good?

:welcome: to the team Dlaw :thup:

They won't show record until you return a work unit and the stats have been updated.....

Back