• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Members Post here,...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi Tungureanu, glad to have you folding :)

Go ahead and start a new thread regarding this issue, here in the folding team sub-forum, so we can help you out.

See you soon!

:comp:

Welcome to the Fold.
Like Jmtyra said, start a new thread with your problems and help will be there.
I suspect your drivers are your gpu issue, more on that in your new thread.

New Folder here.

Hi Fellow Folders.

My name is Paul and having recently lost my mum to cancer thought it would be good to lend a hand in researching cures for these awful diseases.

The pc i'm folding on is a new gaming rig i built myself and consists of the following which i would like an opinion on with regaurds to potential folding performance, if it folds as well as it runs the latest games it should be very good indeed. At the moment it says estimated ppd 12000 i have 2 units running.

Windows 7 64bit
i5 3570K @ 4.2ghz (55'c max prime95)
Asus P8Z77 V-LX Motherboard
16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz Ram
Gigabyte HD7970 oc 1005/1395 GPU
OCZ Fatality Series 750W PSU
Corsair Force3 120gb SSD
1.5TB HDD
Corsair H80 Watercooler (push pull)
Antec600 Gaming case
AOC 23" 1920x1080

Thanks Paul.

Last edited:
:welcome: Paul!

Your system is certainly capable. I only fold smp, and average around 18k ppd at 4.7, 16.5k at 4.5, so I would think around 13.5k or so at 4.2. Someone else will have to chime in on gpu folding, because I have had problems getting my classy to play nice with the client.

Happy folding!

Last edited:
Welcome aboard!

This has been a great group that has helped me get into folding too.

As to your hardware, your system is superior to most of my folding/gaming machines. I fold on what I've got, and what few, weak machines I have are folding infinitely more points than the thousands of other more powerful ones out there that don't bother to contribute at all.

Enjoy contributing, and we're here to help just ask.

Last edited:
:welcome: MeNaCeWu! Glad to have you on team 32! Every bit helps

Hello. Current PPD 4378. But it'll take another 8 hours or so for the work to be completed.

I was previously with another team but the members kinda all die off from folding, so here i am....

Back