• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Members Post here,...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for returning to "the fold". :) Exactly, every bit counts. I'm only running two GPUs, but hey they're running 24x7 so do whatever you can do. :thup:

:welcome: back Jetster

Do what you can, while you can..........You never know who's life you may help save... :thup:

Those proteins are complicated molecules, so getting every last movement they make to fold, requires a BOATLOAD of work.

Nothing easy about it! This is a project that demands a huge distributed effort to be worthwhile.

Those proteins are complicated molecules, so getting every last movement they make to fold, requires a BOATLOAD of work.

Nothing easy about it! This is a project that demands a huge distributed effort to be worthwhile.

Maybe, but I was more concerned the server is located on a 12U rack under the stairs and suddenly I couldn't hear the television for the deafening sound of fans spinning to 100%.

Hey all! Had never heard about this whole project until I found this section of the overclock.com forums last night. Decided to dedicate one of my rigs to the project 24/7- just sorting out what configuration would work best. Right now I think it'll be the new FX8350 I picked up along with my HD6850 (the 6870 runs hot- don't know how much difference it would make). In the meanwhile, have my Phenom 965 setup and running full-time. :salute:

Hope I can help contribute some- not exactly an elite performance rig, but every little bit counts, right? If anyone has tips I might not readily find for optimizing the setup, I'd be happy to hear them.

Cheers!

I just finished 3 "packages" or whatever, I was on team 0 the entire time though, I changed it to 32 XD...

How long does it take for your name to appear in the stats list? Ive searched mine over and over, nothing yet so I can't get my little forum tag.

Decided to dedicate one of my rigs to the project 24/7- just sorting out what configuration would work best.
Awesome! Welcome aboard, and thank you for the contribution! :)
:salute:

Yes, every bit counts. I'm only folding on two GPUs in an old case in the garage. It's "running" with a celeron (lol) CPU for the OS (but not folding w/the CPU, it can't handle it).

How long does it take for your name to appear in the stats list? Ive searched mine over and over, nothing yet so I can't get my little forum tag.
Hey, welcome aboard, thank you for your contribution! :)
It usually takes ~24hrs, depending on the source you're looking at. If it doesn't show up soon let us know and we'll take a look.

Back