• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Members Post here,...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How do you get that little bar above your avatar? I already looked up my name and put my numbers into the box in user CP and nothing happens...

Whew.... been having some major cooling issues trying to sort out the rig for folding. It was getting into the high 50's Celsius just during benchmark runs, so folding was obviously uphill. Think I've got an OC tuned in that will hold up now and just finished my 10th WU- can't wait to actually start seeing the bump in potential points that is supposed to come with that. :thup:

Hello everybody,

I learned about F@H at this forums and I like the idea very much! Why would I just sit on my CPUs capability during browsing, watching movies etc. instead of contributing to a good cause? In addition I lost a family member 2 years due to cancer and therefore I am very interested in contributing to possible find a cure.
Im still not sure if I have set up everything alright, HFM does not show any progress yet, maybe because I did not check if my username was already in use and it needs some time to update yet.
I removed the -smp flag from my client since I'd like to give my rig a few more days to be sure the OC is stable. Although I dedicated 50% CPU Usage, my CPU Load is only around 13%, do I have to run more instances then?
Thank you all for your effort and contribution to this project!

edit: Just switched to the GUI Client and everything seems working fine ETA 1:35 Min until my first completed WU :)

Last edited:
Welcome! Glad you are joining in. I know it doesn't seem like it, but this gets addicting. You use it as a background service now.... give it a month and you'll have the thing running overnight and when you are at work. :D

:welcome:

Welcome, idkfa!

Every core that can be loaded adds TOTAL_CORES/ALLOWED TO FOLD CORES percent, to the total workload on the system.

On my i7 under Windows, I have 8 cores (hyperthreaded cores count too). So each core give me about 12-13% more folding power.

But never select an odd number of cores to be folded - that will break many work units, and have others working at a VERY slow speed.

Are you folding under your same name as on the forum? Found your stats page yet?

Thank you for the warm welcome! :salute:
I switched to the 7.3.4 Beta version which has GUI, so I can see what I am doing. When I leave the room I pull the slider to medium (~ 75% CPU Load, 3 Cores mainly used) or Full (100% on 4 Cores) however when I pull it to idle it just states "Waiting for idle". Any ideas on that? Would like to fold while working on my machine.

After finishing my first WU I found my stats page ( http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=idkfa_finley )

Edit: I checked your stats: 32,539 Points today?

I folded 3 hours @ 100% CPU Load and just got 240 points.

Last edited:
Thank you :) I was a bit confused and thought the PDD (16,900) would tell me the Points I earn per day if everything stays as it is.
Im not greedy for points (yet :p ) just glad to contribute :)
OCmusicjunkie was definitly right

Last edited:
idkfa:

Your best stats are here - updated every 3 hours, 24 hours a day (Central Time Zone).
Always a bit behind Stanford, but LOTS better stats! You'll want to bookmark this one!

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=632026

OCMusicJunkie, you're best stats are here:
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=630530

Machausta, you obviously have yours.

dr_emad, I can't find your stats.

Culbrelai: http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=630647
is your best stats page.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone, I'm Arkade, a 17 Yearold Boyish female who works with a medium sized computer service company in japan. I own multiple machines which used to be setup as FTP servers, game servers and whatnot, and i'm now going to convert 5 of them to Folding Machines. Hope this all goes well. :D

Nice ;)
Welcome aboard :D
What do you mean by boyish? I think it's a good thing if it relates to being a pc enthusiast :p

Boyish means I'm into stuff that most girls won't dare to touch. :D I'd have my two Monster rigs do this stuff but I use them daily. These 5 servers are all going to be 24/7 folding. I'm right now running new LAN cords to them and finishing Checking them for issues. This doesn't have a dramatic network hit does it?

Your monster rigs can safely turn out F@H units and they just use idle cycles when your on the system. As default, pretty much everything else takes priority.
B!

Yep, you won't notice a hit on the network at all...unless all your rigs start uploading wu's at the same time. Is it mission critical to keep the same bandwidth 24/7? :p
I think boyish is good then ;) (L)

Your monster rigs can safely turn out F@H units and they just use idle cycles when your on the system. As default, pretty much everything else takes priority.
B!
Hmm, maybe I'll let the monsters do work then. In terms of Specs, both monesters are Core i7 920's running 4 Ghz.(4 physical, 8 threads total), and the smaller 5 servers are spread with a 2.6 ghz dual core cpu, a 3.6 ghz dual core, a 2 ghz dual core, a 3.4 ghz single core and a 1Ghz single core(lol at 1999 server) so the big machines would be ideal. I'll consider it.

Yep, you won't notice a hit on the network at all...unless all your rigs start uploading wu's at the same time. Is it mission critical to keep the same bandwidth 24/7? :p
I think boyish is good then ;) (L)
It's not that it's mission critical, but all of us use the same network here and surprisingly, our bandwidth is junk. 15 down, 1 up. Lame. And i don't mind being referenced as boyish. Personally I think alot of girls my age are just a waste of perfectly productive minds. Especially U.S. girls(realize I often am in the U.S.) :D

haha :p

Your definition of junk is "ZOMG so fast!"...at home I got 3mb down and 0.4 up, and at work a measly 1.12m down and decent 3.19 up.

The single core client will be a pain to run, but the rest of the machines would do ok-ish.

Back