• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Members Post here,...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yup. Well, im looking at moving into a manufactured home, and if I do, I'll rig up solar power, use it for window AC units......I think local utilities are still offering rebates on purchases on solar equipment.

I should be able to get a decent loan on a .5 acre plot and modular home seeing as I am debt free and have a decent credit score.

>.> And as I pay off whatever I put on credit BEFORE i buy something else.

Ah.....been folding all day @ full power while doing school work, and listening to music........and system ain't complained...even tho its OCd from 3300 to 4400mhz

- - - Updated - - -

you know....I really miss the midwest........sure, the -46f windchills were a pain, but just put on MORE clothes.

Gets to the point here you cannot take off more layers, cos well, yeah..

As others have said :welcome: to the team :thup: I started out < way back when in 04, folding on the cpu :) That was all that was available at the time. We now have folding on the gpu :thup: which is the future :) Several years back, I was running 4p servers for folding:) They could put off some serious heat when chugging away :( Then I found that for roughly the same heat output from my 4p server I could run several graphics cards instead. I was getting 300k+ a day with the server, moving over to 4 graphics cards I now get 650k - 850k done for the same heat output :) NOW I did not say that the electrical used stayed the same :rofl:

I think you have to tell it not to start as a service when you do the install but I could be wrong. I only use v7 on dedicated rigs and even then only because v6 does work with the new gpu cores

Or in my case, windows 8:

windows + R > shell:startup

full path is so convoluted compared to 7:
user account > AppData > Roaming > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs > Startup
Actually shell:startup works on Windows 7 too :)
Just tried it

Hi guys(Team 32) new user of the forums and F@H Team(32) fah nick is as my forum name.
I like to say hi and hoping to help out a little on the folding part.
folding(different user name before) for a long time now most likely for the same reason most do, lost family and friends to this disease.

I just can't seem to find a nice and friendly Team and this team(after some lurking days) seem to suite me :)
I hope and can be of any F@H help.

Picture of farm not sure if allowed here will check asap and or will EDIT(*linked it) my post.
above 3x rigs are running on t32, 2x GTX970 1x GTX680 1x GTX760(192b) next month I hope to pick up a GTX960 to add to the collection..
View attachment 172547

I am from The Netherlands and wish you a good Folding day and see you around the forums.
All the best, Ray...

Last edited:
Welcome The_Foldinator!

It is good to have you here! We like to think we are a friendly team. That is a pretty nice farm you have there! No problem posting the link. Though the forum administration does have a preference for you to upload the photo and host it here, but only in case the the outside hosting company goes out of business, the photo will still be viewable.

For the GTX970 machine, are you using Linux on it? There is a significant ppd advantage if you do use Linux.

Feel free to poke around the other areas of the forum as well, and welcome again!

Hi guys(Team 32) new user of the forums and F@H Team(32) fah nick is as my forum name.
I like to say hi and hoping to help out a little on the folding part.
folding(different user name before) for a long time now most likely for the same reason most do, lost family and friends to this disease.

I just can't seem to find a nice and friendly Team and this team(after some lurking days) seem to suite me :)
I hope and can be of any F@H help.

Picture of farm not sure if allowed here will check asap and or will EDIT(*linked it) my post.
above 3x rigs are running on t32, 2x GTX970 1x GTX680 1x GTX760(192b) next month I hope to pick up a GTX960 to add to the collection..
http://s15.postimg.org/63waxya0r/fahrigs.jpg

I am from The Netherlands and wish you a good Folding day and see you around the forums.
All the best, Ray...

Ray, :welcome: to Team32!!

My god your setup is huge compared to mine :drool:
Nice work!

You are absolutely allowed to post pics of your folding setup here :)

Keep folding, I can already see you in my rear view mirror :burn:

:welcome: and we are always happy to try and help a new folder :)

You mentioned that you had 3 machines folding :thup: In your picture I count 4 and that does not include the one under the desk. Do you have another build in progress????

@ S_P.... Very nice avatar :) Why did you change????

I'm hoping to be back up and running again after the New Year. I lost 3 boards during the CC competition and now I'm fighting with Asus's RMA Dept. to get them fixed:(

I can already see you and Donuts closing in on me there Ray. You'll find this is the best/friendliest team out there, and they are fantastic at helping to get the most out of your setup.

@MaddMutt
Figured change was good that's all :)
Plus Les's knives are really good. I have the 3rd one down from the top.

Are you CPU folding at all Foldinator??

Thanks guys for the warm welcome :cool:
Thank you, done.. I am not at the moment, is there a significant difference ?
I am not very good at Linux but I am able to get it running properly(takes some time).
Welcome The_Foldinator!

It is good to have you here! We like to think we are a friendly team. That is a pretty nice farm you have there! No problem posting the link. Though the forum administration does have a preference for you to upload the photo and host it here, but only in case the the outside hosting company goes out of business, the photo will still be viewable.

For the GTX970 machine, are you using Linux on it? There is a significant ppd advantage if you do use Linux.

Feel free to poke around the other areas of the forum as well, and welcome again!
Thank you..
welcome to team 32! :clap:
Still have 1x GTZ970 to at least add for now but my nephew has it for a few months,
will Update as soon as I got it back and thanks :)
Ray, :welcome: to Team32!!

My god your setup is huge compared to mine :drool:
Nice work!

You are absolutely allowed to post pics of your folding setup here :)

Keep folding, I can already see you in my rear view mirror :burn:

Thank you..
Welcome to the team Foldinator! Glad to have you on our side

Thank you..
Welcome, just restarted folding after being idle for years. Your already on my threat radar. :)
Thank you 2..
:welcome: to T32 The_Foldinator :thup:
I'm hoping to be back up and running again after the New Year. I lost 3 boards during the CC competition and now I'm fighting with Asus's RMA Dept. to get them fixed:([/QUOTE]
Thanks, its kinda my test setup to(for) including hardware,
but it could be :D Q1900m with a blazing HD6850..

Thanks again.
I changed(last team was rather quick) because the team didn't appreciated any work done buy a n00b(new member) but when a old member did the same work(forum fah stats posting etc) he got all thanked over.
that doesn't really says "team" to me..
al tho I always blame myself for the 70% for not checking the forums out properly OO and I am kinda impulsive :D
:welcome: and we are always happy to try and help a new folder :)

You mentioned that you had 3 machines folding :thup: In your picture I count 4 and that does not include the one under the desk. Do you have another build in progress????

@ S_P.... Very nice avatar :) Why did you change????

Awesome the welcome is already a lot better then then on the other team(s) :thup:
I can already see you and Donuts closing in on me there Ray. You'll find this is the best/friendliest team out there, and they are fantastic at helping to get the most out of your setup.

Nope 2 machines will take down the GPU(s) scores(science) ones I Fold on them al tho they are Quad Cores.
normally I would run WCG on the CPU's didn't check if OCF has a WCG team will do so later..
@MaddMutt
Figured change was good that's all :)
Plus Les's knives are really good. I have the 3rd one down from the top.

Are you CPU folding at all Foldinator??

CPU's are 1x i7 2600k 1x QC9550 1xQC8400
Just need to get used to the new forums(style) etc and pardon my spelling and or grammar but HEY I am from The Netherlands :p
Have good Folding day guys and I will see around the forums..

All the best, Ray...

@ The_Foldinator
The best "Bang For The Buck" is in folding with GPU's. You may get lucky with the i7 and pull 50k-60k PPD, using the GTX970 will get you 240k-275k PPD.

Stanford has cut support (If I Remember Correctly--IIRC)for any AMD cards lower than the HD-7xxx seriers.

I have been out of the 4p folding rigs for several years so if you are looking to go that way, I'd check that thread out :)

Back