• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Members Post here,...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have an old me99b motherboard system with a 400 MHZ Geniune intel cpu overclocked currently to 450 mhz well actually sometimes I actually get 454 to 458 !! WOW!!( you see I am new to all of this, and I am new to the protien folding folding@ home as well, so welcome me to both... hehe... and if anyone's got any usefull pointers then please tell me.... also I have TONS of ram
(but not as much as I'd like...) 372 megs of ram, and my sound board is an avance sound board, (older type.. but still soundblaster 16 compliant, might even be a soundblaster pro equivellent.. I am not sure, exactly... my video is capable of up to something like 1280 by 768, or somthing like that, but I have not had much success with anything higher than 1024 by 768 16 million colors, which is the current setting I think... so how does my system compare to other 400 mhz comp-systems ????
is there anyone here who has an asus me99b with a 400 mhz comp, overclocked any higher than 450? please tell me.. if so I want the details... thanks. John.:)

Our team # is 32, so under Configure, type in 32 for the team#.

as for our "fast" systems...when you got no life and staying home the whole time except for going to work, then you will have enough $$$....haha:D

Re: 1.2 mhz? 1.4 ... etc, etc. I am JEALOUS!!!

Dragoncat said:
Where do all of you get the money for such fast computers I am jealous... where can I get one???? cheaply that is??? hey maybe I better go check the winning lottery numbers right now, for who knows, maybe I have won, and then I could just go out and buy a killer 10,000 $$ system that would rock my world!! that would REALLY make me HAPPY!!! good luck with your 1.2 gigs overclock to... whatever, I hope to be getting one someday... but for now I will just be contented with my 400 @ 450, for now... hey! what's wrong with 450? ha?
John.

You can get an XP 1800+, Shuttle AK31, and 256 mb Crucial 2100 DDR for about $300 from NewEgg. Use the rest of your setup, sell your old cpu,mb on ebay (or build another system). For very little, you can get a fairly hot machine. Another $50 gets you a GeForce2 Pro (very overclockable), and you will have a machine that can do just about anything you ask of it.

just joined last week and i dont know why i didnt join earlier! This has just justified my computer hardware addiction HAHA. Gonna get the folding farm set up soon with junk I have in the closet. Right now I'm trying to get internet connection sharing going on my 3 comps and hopefully will get another 2 going.

Thanks, too old for this!!!

Thanks , too_old_for this, I added you to my buddy list, ok?
I will start saving my money now to get the system you just mentioned... (it will take me a while though I'm in big debt,
right now I owe around 900 plus dollars (combined) to several credit cards and I only recieve 260 dollars a month for food and everything , except rent , utilities and most of my regular monthly bills.... so it may take at least 4 months maybe more, like 6 mo. to a year or more, to save 300 even..., but thanks for the info...
John.:cool:

Just joined, missed out on the contest by about 12 hours...too bad for me!!

Folding on, and going to add a couple of scrap comps I have collecting dust...

AMD Thunderbird 750Mhz that can do 927Mhz

PII 333mhz never tried O/C on this one.

Username: chrismacan

Good luck to all contest entrants. Hope the most 'deserving' member wins.:beer:

Hiya!

#440 on the team, and climbing. :)

Started out just wanting to test the machine, now I just leave it running.

Lummoxx said:
Hiya!

#440 on the team, and climbing. :)

Started out just wanting to test the machine, now I just leave it running.

Glad to hear it, We need all the help we can get. You don't by chance have a couple a hundred units sitting around do ya?;)

Just joined the team, its good to see so many people donating their extra cpu cycles to a worthwhile cause.
I lost a sister to leukemia, she was only 6 yrs old, the last 2 were spent in and out of the hospital. That was 36 yrs ago and I still think of her from time to time.
Anyway, didn't mean to get sentimental. I have 2 systems folding and I am just about done with my first wu.
System 1
P4 1.6 @ 2.3, P4B266-c, 512mb ram, WinXP
System 2
Athlon 1.4 @ 1.5, KT7A, 512mb ram, WinXP

Thanks for allowing me to join such a great team :)

RickShelton
[email protected]

RickShelton said:
Just joined the team, its good to see so many people donating their extra cpu cycles to a worthwhile cause.
I lost a sister to leukemia, she was only 6 yrs old, the last 2 were spent in and out of the hospital. That was 36 yrs ago and I still think of her from time to time.
Anyway, didn't mean to get sentimental. I have 2 systems folding and I am just about done with my first wu.
System 1
P4 1.6 @ 2.3, P4B266-c, 512mb ram, WinXP
System 2
Athlon 1.4 @ 1.5, KT7A, 512mb ram, WinXP

Thanks for allowing me to join such a great team :)

RickShelton
[email protected]

Welcome to the team, hope you find this as enjoyable as the rest of us.
Sorry to hear about your sister. :(
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Hey all, question: I just joined and want to set up some dust-bunnies here at work to fold, and then use my system @ home as well. Does it matter if I use the same username for machine's that are in different geographic regions running simultaneously?

Wedo

Wedo said:
Hey all, question: I just joined and want to set up some dust-bunnies here at work to fold, and then use my system @ home as well. Does it matter if I use the same username for machine's that are in different geographic regions running simultaneously?

Wedo
no, go ahead and use same name so you will get credit for all machines. usernames are case sensitive so make sure they are same. welcome to the team:clap:

Wedo said:

Wedo

Welcome to the Team Wedo :D
You can use the same username on as many boxes as you want. Doesn't matter where they are. The one important thing is that each client is allowed to fetch it's own unique ID#. The username will get the credit but the ID# is necessary to distinguish which work was sent to which system.

Uh... little help.

Can I disable the auto start function of the Folding program? I posted this question in the regular folding area to no avail.

I have almost twenty workstation that I can have Fold if I can keep the program only run when I initialize it.

Thanks,
Wedo

Back