• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New MOBO BSOD with OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I really think the fresh install of OS and drivers AMD video have always been a pain in my side TBH will likely remove most of the issues you were having TagTeam. I'm certain there are enough differences between the 970 and 990 chipset as well as asrock and asus to make it worth while. Then if you're still having issues at least you know you've started with a clean slate.

I'm picking up what your laying down lol. Should I only use Multiplier and Vcore for my OC, Is there actually any benefit to FSB? Ive only ever used the Multiplier. Ive heard it helps single thread performance which is something my CPU struggles with. If so would I see any benefit to DX9 games like StarCraft that only use 2 cores?

Once you have things straightened out, we'll get to the OC part multi VS FSB first of all isn't going to fix your issue with games that are single or double threads. What would is setting another profile in bios that only uses four cores at a higher OC. I had a very similar setup to your when I first started with the FX and I had a profile on 4 cores for 5.0G. That should be doable for you or even close. The speed will help more than anything in titles like that. I have never seen any real world proof that one has better performance than the other but there are benefits to using the reference clock like getting your ram and NB speed right to the max stable your CPU can handle. This will increase performance slightly but core speed is still king.

Back