• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED new mobo/cpu boot up problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Omniscience

Registered
i got a new ASUS P8Z77-V LE LGA today with an intel i5 3570k the rest of my specs are the same (see sig) i plugged my HD in to the SATA 3 gray ports with the sata 3 cable.and the other HD just below it. bios boots up fine and the bios shows my HD and everything but when windows goes to load i get about 1-2 seconds in on the swirly color part and it blue screens for one second then resets :( never had the problem before so i dont know where to start. i already tried mem ok. said memory was fine.help :(

That's because you need to reinstall windows from scratch. You're trying to boot off a HD with windows pre-installed with AMD drivers from your old system.

That's because you need to reinstall windows from scratch. You're trying to boot off a HD with windows pre-installed with AMD drivers from your old system.

i actually got windows to boot up now i changed the hpci to ide mode and some drivers failed. i reinstalled most of them but the ethernet controller and usb controllers wont update/reinstall and i cant connect to the internet without the ethernet controller working. so close!

So you're running the same OS that was previously installed from the old system onto the new system? That's just an accident waiting to happen. You're gonna run into a lot of issues.

So you're running the same OS that was previously installed from the old system onto the new system? That's just an accident waiting to happen. You're gonna run into a lot of issues.

lol yeah i figured i just wanted to get it up long enough(thats what she said) to back up my files before i clean slate it

lol yeah i figured i just wanted to get it up long enough(thats what she said) to back up my files before i clean slate it

You should have backed up your files first before swapping boards. That would've been the smarter move and you wouldn't have run into the issues you're facing now. Hopefully you'll get the data you want to backup before they get corrupted/damaged.

You should have backed up your files first before swapping boards. That would've been the smarter move and you wouldn't have run into the issues you're facing now. Hopefully you'll get the data you want to backup before they get corrupted/damaged.

got through it just fine. Thanks for your help!

yup only time you really dont need to re-install is for a proc change and gpu change Mobo will always be better if you re-install completely

Back