• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New monitor... I.. I don't even... just wow.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goose90proof

So I've been using a ****ty 720p Viewsonic for the last... idk, 6 year! Now, this thing is a dinosaur. Like, I remember it being one of the first LCD screens of it's kind. It had a lot of really neat features and it was cool at the time, but I just upgraded to a newer, 1080p Viewsonic and omg... I didn't even know what I was missing. I have seriously been living under a rock. My old screen was 2 and 1/2 inches thick! My new display is like 3/4 inch. It weighs practically nothing in comparison. I just had to gush about this... so impressed and totally satisfied with my purchase.

Here's what I got.

Been looking at that monitor myself but the 1920x1080 res is what keeps me from pulling the trigger.Even though i've seen good reviews for that monitor Ive ben wanting too either add a second Ultra Sharp 2407 WFP to my setup or a 27" or 30" inch monitor with 2560x1440p res.

But seriouly thats a nice monitor.And i may end up getting one since the 2560x1440p is out of my price range atm

Suh-weeet !

So, where do they put all the tubes? :confused:

Its LED no tubes..lol

It was easily the best purchase decision out of the whole budget for my new pc build. New video card aside, the screen drastically improved the quality of my gaming. Do many games utilize resolutions greater than 1080?

Imagine if you got a 2560x1440 monitor that was IPS... :)

Glad you are enjoying the new monitor! :)

It was easily the best purchase decision out of the whole budget for my new pc build. New video card aside, the screen drastically improved the quality of my gaming. Do many games utilize resolutions greater than 1080?

Oh im sure it was.Its a very nice monitor for sure.As far as games supporting 2560x1440p go im not really sure But they must since these monitors are all the rage in gaming atm

I was at 1920x1080 23" and moved up to the IPS 27" 2560x1440. Hell yeah there is a difference. The IPS panel makes the colors so accurate (after calibration)...Your pixel density is low on a 27" 1920x1080p monitor.

Of course, I learn these things after making my purchase. Oh well, I really don't even know what I am missing. Ignorance is bliss. :D

Search...is my best friend. I do recall seeing that thread however, which prompted me to search for it. :p

Back