• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Widescreen 1080p Under $400?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goose90proof

Hey guys n gals, I'm getting ready to build a new pc, and I'm getting rid of my old 720p ViewSonic dinosaur in favor of a modern lcd display. About time! I've been reading a lot of reviews on cnet, and elsewhere, but I'm having a hard time making a decision because I'm honestly just not very knowledgeable about displays. I'm looking for a good widescreen, preferably thin profile, 1920x1080 or whatever the next step up is. I'll be using a single 7970 3gb. I'm willing to spend up to $400.

I was looking at this ViewSonic and this HP. Thoughts? :)

Last edited:
If you are into fps games, I recommend Asus VG248QE. Just received one yesterday. It is a muenster in the responsiveness departmet, smashes ips's. Colors are **** out of the box, though configurable later, but cannot match ips on that department. It also has 144hz refresh rate and very low trailing and blurriness. It is very affordable at the moment too, selling like hot pancakes I presume. :D

Back