• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Mouse pad ;D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i have that same mouse as well, been using it for 2 years or so, great mouse :)

Hrm.. Power source ? try mine ..... I was able to cleanly put Leds in there and power it off of a convinient USB A Plug! Glowpad CLICK HERE!

As for a torch.. the radio shack pocket butane torches are pretty helpful.. just a few passes across the sanded plexi and its shiny smooth!

Radio Shack Link

Convinence at ease with USB, I dont need to drag wires all over the place or do Unecessary modding to cases or the such.

glo3.JPG

There she is.. looks better in real life, really blurry on my camera at night.

It was fairly easy to take the LED out, the hardest part was unsoldering and reassembly but its merely 5 screws. Be sure to use either a solder sucker or solder wick when removing the old led and be sure you put the led back in right. The blue led works just as good as the red stock one does. (At least on my Ifeel mouseman) this one is a little more advanced when putting the thing back together.

Also, where might I get some repalcement slick pads for the bottom of my mouse? I only have 1 that is still on firmly and 1 is about to fall off (2 total)

I went by my favorite plastics place to get some plexi. Since 1/4" would BARELY be enough to fit a 5mm LED without shaving it, I decided to go one size up and got some 3/8". The guy went to the back, found some scrap, and gave me like a 2x2 piece of 3/8" plexi. Didn't even charge me for it. SWEET.

I also just ordered 100 3000mcd blue LEDs off ebay. Hopefully they'll arrive soon. Then I just need to get a dremel or RTX with the cutting attachment so that I can cut the plexi into the right shape and route out the channels for my LEDs. I'm just wondering how many to get. The LEDs supposedly have a real tight beam, so I suspect I'm going to need quite a few to get even coverage of light coming out of the pad. My real concern is going to be how to power the darned thing. I would go USB, but I don't have enough ports as it is. Need to get another MB with 6 of the suckers. :)

Not a bad find on the plexi, I fit a 5mm in a 1/4 plexi but I practiced first and marked the center of the holes. Dremel is a must for this baby.. I used the fiber cutting wheels for cutting it had to go slow since the plastic gets gooey if you doo to much at a time. I didnt need more than one wheel though! hehe check out ace hardware if theres one near. I think they got some cheapo dremel clone this week for $19 variable speed 8-30,000 rpm and itll do the job till you can afford a dremel. Also im going with 3mm leds in the newer ones im making, you can get the same output (MCD) in 3mm packages as 5mm's now and theres less of a chance to miss drilling. If i had access to a CNC mill itd save hella time.. again modding and ideas.

Well, the cutting attachment I'm getting is basically like a router or spiral saw for your dremel.

What I found is I can get a Dremel that includes that for $60. it's got a bunch of attachments and is 5,000-30,000 rpm. The other choice is to get a Black and Decker RTX. It would cost me about $25 + $15 for the cutting attachment. But the RTX is only 3 speed (12,000 24,000 & 30,000), not variable speed.

Go dremmel, I tried the cutting attachment with a bunch of router type of bits and i had no luck with them. The plexi would clog the bit up and the hot spinning plexi wouldnt cut anything and it was just a disaster. If your going to put the money in something, get a dremel.

Dremel = Better, personal prefrence. And....
the modders theme goes ..

"The day I die is the day you pry the Dremel from my Dead cold hands"

Back