• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new ninja?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hainer36 said:
now how the hell did i miss that?

DUDE, after reading this post in this thread I just noticed the fan LOL. Ziggo go to sleep, go to sleep ziggo...

I don't understand the use of a 10cm fan, not like they are common to find. The only other heatsink that I know uses one is the Coolermaster.

Sorry to go off topic, but that store is suppose to have the new OCZ X-Stream power supplies. Check the NEW PRODUCTS tab and you should see it.

-GearShift3r

if you look down a bit more,

Fan (Scythe KAZE-JYU Fan: SY1025SL12M)
Dimensions: 100 x 100 x 25mm
Noise Level: 22.0dBA
Air Flow: 42.69CFM
Speed: 1,500rpm
Cable Length: 30cm
Bearing Type: Sleeve Bearing

GearShift3r said:
Sorry to go off topic, but that store is suppose to have the new OCZ X-Stream power supplies. Check the NEW PRODUCTS tab and you should see it.

-GearShift3r

lol I clicked on it and it braught me to: Arctic Cooling ACCELERO x1 NV7800 PCI-E VGA Cooler

Very nice cooler, but if that fan fails you'll have a hell of a time trying to find one to replace it. Doesn't look like a standard sized fan. 100mm? Where the heck will you find a 100mm fan?

mine?

nemo_gulls_mine-thumb2.jpg

I can't say i'm really excited about this, the market is pretty saturated with 6 heatpipe, vertical heatsinks

Last edited:
Possible Various Fan Size Attachment
By applying the unique screw design and mounting base for CPU cooler fan, Mine CPU Cooler allows a user to mount any fan from 6cm ~ 14cm in dimension (25mm thickness).

You can use a bigger than 10cm fan but It would be bigger than the heatsink.

hanzalo said:
You can use a bigger than 10cm fan but It would be bigger than the heatsink.

Now that will kill it's asthetics now won't it? I don't understand why companies make awsome coolers with odd sized fans :rolleyes:

That looks pretty sweet. That was the one thing I didn't like about the Ninja, the 120mm fan stuck way out and took up a good amount of space, it completely covered my RAM rendering it unacessible.

you can probably find a 92mm x 25mm and use that as a replacement
at least the sides aren't enclosed so you could potentially mount a 120x25mm fan, but you'd have to find a clever way of holding it in (zip ties would do it)
But yea cool sink, i wonder how it performs.

veryhumid said:
I can't say i'm really excited about this, the market is pretty saturated with 6 heatpipe, vertical heatsinks
ITA. While I don't intend to replace my Ninja until I upgrade to an incompatible socket design, I think I would be interested in a new design similar to that HS with the movable heatpipes, the one that looks like Doctor Octopus' arms. Something I can line up right next to the exhaust/bottom PSU fan/whatever for optimal cooling.

I'm really only into heatsink designs that allow you the option of passive cooling. Sure, they companies can make newer designs that are slightly better than existing tower heatsinks, but the newer designs seem to require a fan and disallow you getting away with passive operation. I think we've about hit the limit with current HS design philosophy, and there needs to be research into more radical design concepts which might provide better cooling. Preferably designs which allow better access to the MOSFET and RAM as well.

veryhumid said:
mine?

nemo_gulls_mine-thumb2.jpg

Lol. Owned. One of the rules of OCF is to not hotlink other sites images without their consent. Better just to host it yourself >.<

checkin out scythes website, it appears that they actually do sell 100mm fans. But from what i read, you should be able to stick a 120mm x 25mm in there without any issue.

Back