• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Overclocking Machine Help required thankyou...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cyberslim01

Registered
Hi people, NooB me again not knowing a whole lot....

right i have just ordered all parts for my new pc, the thing i am aiming for is a fast *** gaming machine with speed and power and great overclocking ability... i will list the spec i have bought now and i wish anyone to help me all they can on anything at all... i.e. is the hardware i picked going to handle a good overclock have i chose decent stuff what type of voltages would i up to achieve what type of speed for those who have similar setup as i know nothing about voltages etc...can my ram handle 215fsb possibly etc is it likely my setup will reach 2.5gig as ive tried to pick components that may get me there hopefully as i have seen great benchmarks...??

all help tips i will thank you all soo much ..........
here is the list of everything bought, my budget was around £800 so i think ive done nice.

21" monitor
Thermaltake Xaser III LanFire Silver Aluminium VM2000
Thermaltake keyboard/mouse set
480w Thermaltake Silver special edition silent psu
2500XP Mobile Processor
DFI NFII Infinity Ultra mobo
512MB PC3200 DDR400 TwinMOS Twister CL2 (2x256)
Asetek Waterchill cpu/chipset KT03-L20
sapphire 9800 PRO 128mb DDR with an Arctic vga Cooler installed
160GIG Western Digital fluid bearing SATA 7200rpm 8mb cache
Sony Silver dwu-18auk 8x dvd writer
16x silver Sony dvd rom
silver floppy drive
Rounded ide cables

Thanks again people !!

Looks good though I wouldn't go with Thermaltake Xaser III (just a personal opinion).

As for the overclocking part...it's hard to say until you get the parts.

That looks like a top notch system. The only thing that jumps in my mind that you could upgrade to is a Raptor drive. Have fun with that beast.

thanks for comments you guys hopefully i have made an okay choice can anyone add more please maybe more technical about the hardware chosens performance etc etc thankyou people

Looks good though I wouldn't go with Thermaltake Xaser III (just a personal opinion).
^^ I second that.

My friend has that case. Its big...TOO DAMN HEAVY (50lbs+).. and the fan grill are horribly restrictive. Its a terrible case IMHO.

I would look at getting a lighter case, or an Antec. You really dont understand how ****** steel cases are until you use an 6lb aluminum Superlanboy case. My PC weighs 1/2 of what it was before

I'd keep the PSU tho or get at higher watt version. I friend of mine is using TT's 560w:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-153-015&depa=0
^^ He tells me that it is a kick *** PSU. It runs alot cooler and better than his/mine Antec 430w True.

IMHO Antec PSU run hot enough to effect EVERYTHING in your PC. To say the least its the hottest running part in my PC.

512MB PC3200 DDR400 TwinMOS Twister CL2 (2x256)
^^ Thats a no no. Your mobo has the innate ability to clock EXTREMELY high on the FSB... take advantage of that. Go buy some good PC4000 and get that into the 260-270mhz range

OCz, Mushkin, Adata, Kingston, Corsair are all reputible brands that will not let you down

Asetek Waterchill cpu/chipset KT03-L20
Ive heard *mixed* things about Asetek's W/C setups. IMHO if you can stand the noise, Thermalright's SP97 and a high-speed fan (like a Tornado or Thermaltake's SF2), will do the same thing and be much cheaper.

However if you insist on going W/c I'd reccomend either getting a DangerDen kit or a Dtek kit.

Other than that, she looks good

Back