• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New P35 Board needed - any recommendations?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Afaik that is only w/ the DDR2/DDR3 hybrid model. I don't recommend any of the hybrid models from any manufacturer.

Agreed on the hybrid issue.. but I also dont recommend the DSR3 to others because of the shoddy northbridge cooler attachment method. I reworked mine but for someone else to pull a matching set of perfect length screws, insulating grommits and non-conductive low profile thumbscrews out of their butt... nahh.

Oh and there's a fan monitor cold boot issue that hits once in a great while... it's one of those things that fixes itself right after you take the motherboard out... grrr. ;)

Afaik that is only w/ the DDR2/DDR3 hybrid model. I don't recommend any of the hybrid models from any manufacturer.

I Agree,+ DDR3 Ram is still New and thus Verry Expensive and with DDR2 Ram Speeds reaching 1:1 i wont upgrade till maybe 2009-2010.

Im also looking for good P35 Chipset MB, I Read little and I Like the Asus P5K-E
dont have price quote yet but if it in budget its a go.

Also Asus brought out that VDroop Protection Setting in the new P35 Chipset MB's dono if it's any good considering i have Vdroop of 0.04V on my board so lets hope just because its a cheaper board that it isnt as bad..

Back