• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New PC - internet connection problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dealz

Forgive me if this is in the wrong section but my gut is telling me that my problem is related to my motherboard or motherboard drivers. About a week ago I built my first pc. Everything was going very well up until a couple days ago when I started disconnecting often during Diablo 3 gaming sessions. Normally I would troubleshoot the internet connection itself, however, about a year ago I went to a wired connection and since then my connection has been near perfect. However, I have reset my modem by unplugging it for around a minute.

The disconnects are very brief, just enough to disconnect me from battle.net and Skype about once every 1-2 hours. My network icon in the bottom right corner of windows will show that yellow exclamation point for 2-3 seconds, then everything will return to normal.

I have all the recent drivers from the gigabyte website- chipset, LAN, etc. so I don't really know where to start addressing this problem. Any suggestions?

Specs:
i5-3570k @ stock speed
8 gb G. skill ripjaws
Gigabyte z77-ud3h
Sapphire HD 7870 xt w/ boost
windows 7

Back