• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEW PHASE SS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jiccman1965

Received my new Cooler Express Phase SS in 7 day via DHL.

DSCN0453.jpg

DSCN0454.jpg

DSCN0456.jpg

DSCN0455.jpg

Hooked it up to my system had to raise the phase up for the hose to reach. Thats what the book said to do. It should be 1/2 to 2/3 higher then motherboard.

DSCN0457.jpg

All in all it is a nice little system very quite held my 2600k at 5.8 at -34. Very Happy with it all but for the hose being a little short.
:rock:

That is a nice compact unit.

I saw an old water fountain in the scrap bin at work today. It has a 134a compressor and condenser. I am kind of tempted, but I don't know what kind of loads it would handle.

I will see whn I get a 980x or something like that.
That is a nice compact unit.

I saw an old water fountain in the scrap bin at work today. It has a 134a compressor and condenser. I am kind of tempted, but I don't know what kind of loads it would handle.

Only concern is the need to raise the unit to motherboard level? That'd be a sign that it may be overcharged to hit the loads, so they need gravity to help hold liquid in the evaporator.

Might be a short suction line, but now that you mention it, that is a possibility as well. Especially since they mention it in the directions.

Not really a might, it was an issue when Cooler Express first started.
Originally they just produced crap, then they took some advice from forums and overclockers and have a half decent unit now (I'd recommend it over the Vapochill or Mach systems), but they never seem to solve their overcharge issue.

Proper capillary tube tuning, or assigning a minimum load to the system (with either a hot gas bypass or simply alerting customers). The problem is in unload if you tune for a really high load.
But it can be done, but it would add to their baseline costs.

No, he runs it only for benching....but was suprized how quiet it is. Compared to his water cooling setup with 3x 90CFM San Ace fans, this one is significantly quieter :thup:

looks like a very nice unit, and the results speak for themselves.

where did you order it from?

Does that mean that you're not really supposed to use it 24/7? If i pay this much for a cooler i would want to use it all the time.

You can use it 24/7....but it draws quite a bit of power, and you'll need to insulate VERY well for constant use. If you're OK with those two aspects, then it might work out alright for you.

Does that mean that you're not really supposed to use it 24/7? If i pay this much for a cooler i would want to use it all the time.

You could use it on a 24/7 setup, but you would have to make provisions to protect your hw from condensation.
There are guys out there that do such a thing; and there are guys out there that design/build/sell self contained setups... Check this out: LittleDevil's Cases
And your electric bill would likely go off the charts if you ran that thing 24/7.

It's 440W right?

I don't plan to leave it on all day, but i would use it in a gaming computer. So there is a possibility that i could end up sitting playing a game for a fair few hours so i should plan for the worst case. I see they give you foam for preventing condensation, is that better than the putty? How far away from the CPU do i have to protect from condensation?

Most people who run chilled water or Phase for 24/7 or 24/7-like conditions will conformal their parts. This is essentially putting layer of water proofer over the electrical contacts of the motherboard, gpu's, etc. I suppose it could be done without conformal, but I wouldn't feel comfortable with a vertical case. My reason being, and condensation that could potentially form would run south, onto the rest of my expensive components. ;)

+1 for conformal if you're running it 24/7.

Supa, you mention not running 24/7 but for gaming. I don't have one of these, but I think they take a minute to start up happily, then you turn your system on. Whereas my Sandy Bridge setup on water starts up in under 30 seconds, including UEFI initialization. It takes me to the login screen before the windows icon finishes animating. For .5 sec it looks like the comp locked up...but it's just rushing past the animation that doesn't have time to complete. :)

Back