• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEW PHASE SS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
+1 for conformal if you're running it 24/7.

Supa, you mention not running 24/7 but for gaming. I don't have one of these, but I think they take a minute to start up happily, then you turn your system on. Whereas my Sandy Bridge setup on water starts up in under 30 seconds, including UEFI initialization. It takes me to the login screen before the windows icon finishes animating. For .5 sec it looks like the comp locked up...but it's just rushing past the animation that doesn't have time to complete. :)

Thanks. Btw, there is a way to turn off the windows startup logo. I have done it but i can't remember how i did it.

Thanks. Btw, there is a way to turn off the windows startup logo. I have done it but i can't remember how i did it.

In the run command prompt type "msconfig" once there select the boot tab at the top of the window. Check "No GUI Boot" in the boot options in the lower left corner of the window.

Most phase change system that are not manual start have a cooldown timer, and startup timer. where it links in betwen the power button and looks at the power from your power supply. When you want to turn your computer on, you press the power button with the phase change system on. The phase change system then starts up but doesnt allow the machine to start yet. Can take anywere from 1-5minutes depending on room temps and the phase change system. usually once the system gets to -20c or -30c it then starts your machine.

As for cooldown timers, some units have a 5-10m timer that doesn't allow the unit or your computer attached to it to completely cycle power, Until that timer is up. (completely cycle as in, your power supply shuts off full, and have to press the power button again.

side note, You never want to let your computer suspend with a phasechange system setup like this. The cooling system will think that your machine has been turned off and stop cooling the computer, and sometimes even turn off the machine the rest of the way. If it doens't do that it will get confused and error out and attempt to turn the machine off anyway, or let your machine overheat.

Thats not very practical. It makes a full tower case, in which most would fit, much larger, and thats not even talking the weight. Its not really a 24/7 thing as was mentioned above. ;)

Back