• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New rig: 8086K, 2080Ti, air cooled clean build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Trying to find the max AVX speed (SL binned it for 5.0 at 1.42V), before using the offset to find the max non-AVX speed. Time for my airflow mods, too. Got the gaskets in, so I'll put my Noctuas on in push-pull.

Just running the Noctuas in pull with the foam gaskets, I've dropped my water temps about 2-3C and CPU temps at least the same (high 60s to low 70s). Time for another run at 5.0-5.2.

Ok, my house is 60F this morning (65F day time), but I've got it RealBench and Seti stable at 5GHz. Have yet to fine tune the fan speeds, but my water temps are 22C this morning. Top out around 28C.

5Ghz.png

I would play with power options, LLC and other things. This CPU shouldn't need ~1.4V at 5GHz. If it's really binned for 5.2GHz then should be closer to 1.3V at 5GHz. Temps are good so I would count on 5.1-5.2GHz at these 1.4V. It can be also matter of motherboard. My let's say not the best but a bit above average 8086K could make 5GHz at 1.29V on ASUS, 1.32V on ASRock and 1.35V on Supermicro.

Back