• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new rig advise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Destructor

Registered
Ok so here we are once again. let me start with the fact this is my second I7 build... first one was with a msi x58 Pro-e Mobo with a I7 950 slightly overclocked at 3.5 Ghz with 2 Geforce gtx 460's in SLI.

My new Rig:

I7 3770 CPU clocked at 4.2Ghz
GTX 680 factory OC with 2 Gig Ram
16 Gig Kingston HyperX 1600 Mhz. Ram
1000 Watt Cooler Master PSU
1 Kuhler H20 920 maintenance free water cooler
1 NZXT Phantom full size tower

oh, and here's what I consider the sweet spot of my entire rig... here's my mobo:
1 Asus Maximus V Extreme (LGA1155)

And I'm running screen resolution of 5992 X 1080 Accross 3 24 incyh Flatron LG monitors. using nview

now, here's what I'm looking for out of this rig:

1: Best possible framerate in BF3 game... currently getting about 45 FPS with every thing set on ultra, includes Vsync, Hbao, 5992 X 1080 Resolution and my temps hit about 65 to 70 C's

2: I like to see my system cool in temps

3: and I want a half decent OC. my BF3 temps get that hot when clocked at
4.7 Ghz.
this 4.7 oc is working using the level up button in cmos.... my
system start powering off, then back on again, out of the blues, so I dropped the OC down to 4.2 and it don't seem to be killing power on me any more...

4: last and finally, I would like to slowly learn about some of the features included in my Asus Mobo... like Rog connect, etc... still googling about stuff I never seen before this mobo...

5: also, I have no Idea of the factory heat guidelines for my GTX 680

6: Of course, don't forget the part of, wow... you guys are a great community
here in the OC forums, and I'm always looking to meet new people around the world.. :)

Cheers and thanks a bunch guys... any body running maximus V Extreme boards, I would like to hear from you guys to get suggestions on what I should do with this board... Yes, I like overclocking, but not pushing too hard to hurt any thing... you know, like my pocket book... lol... I think I spent enough money on this new build already...

Can't wait to hear from you guys....

Rgds.
Claude

Nice rig you have there man :thup:

If you want to improve frame rate then get another gtx 680 and SLI them
At for your ASUS ROG mobo, there're should be a little booklet that come with the mobo that tell you everything about ROG connect and feature.
For more infor about ROG connect and feature check out this website
http://rog.asus.com/

allrighty, I'll check that out, and yeah, thanks... I like it... and I do have my booklet, but I'm looking for some real people to talk to and get opinions on do's and don't s type of thing you know.. :)

Rgds.
Claude

Back