• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New rig for upcoming games...what to get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cunningStunts

So, I've been out of the loop for quite a while, can't even remember my old account name or the email I used for this forum. However, again, I turn to you fine folk.

Looking for a setup around $2000 or less that will easily run the new upcoming games like fallout and mass effect on max settings. I don't know anything about the current market, so I need yalls helps!

Thanks!

Welxome back!

What parts do you need in that budget? We talking monitor and peripherals or just the cpu/ram/ssd/gpu? What about os?

New mass effect...........I already have no life......why a new mass effect.
Just as ED said, what kinda info you looking for.

As far as gaming there is no real substantive argument against 8 anymore, IMO. Not sure about 10, too new.
Go for 7 if you are also looking to bench as well, as HWbot isn't very 8/8.1/10 friendly.
But as far as hardware goes, I too am playing catch up. took like a 3 year hiatus from the net, too much drama.

2000$? I7 6700k + gtx 980ti. No brainer really.

600$ for cpu/mobo, 600$ for gtx980, leaves you 800$ for ram, storage, case... This is all dependent on what screen resolution youre trying to play at as well.

Back