• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New SFF ITX Build After Tax Return

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

updawg

StarCraft II Fanatic
This is going to be a list of my parts on my new build after my tax return comes in from the government.

Case: Silverstone SG06
CPU: E8400 (bought from these forums)
GPU: Saphire 5770
RAM: 2x2GB Kingston DDR2-800 (bought from anandtech forums)
MOBO: Zotac 9300-IE ITX
Cooler: Corsair Hyrdo
HD: 320GB Scorpio Blue (already have from newegg)
OPTICAL: Panasonic Slim Line Blu-Ray drive (already have from ebay)

Silverstone-SUGO-SG06-Mini-boitier-Mini-Itx-Alimentation-SFX.jpg

7w.jpg

I know people don't recommend cheap watercooling kits, but this will be perfect for this build as their isn't a lot of clearence for air cooling.

What do you guys think?

If this was a htpc I'd just stick with the onboard 9400 chipset on the motherboard. That can play all HD files without a hiccup.

I'm a moderate gamer so I wanted to add a saphire vapor-x 5770.

consider the i3 and a zotac 1156 H55 itx board? might be a little better combo... although if you already have the cpu that should be PLENTY of powa.

I have the ram and cpu already only reason why I'm not going i3.

Just placed the order. I decided to hold off on the corsair hydro and to go with the cooler master gemenII s.

I'll have a work-log thread up in the near future.

i love sff builds, they are so much fun. what is the hsf clearance in that case? I have a SG02 and mine is very limited as to where the gemenii wont fit. you may want to check before you order.

85mm is the clearance. However, I bought a 120x120x10 scythe fan so it will have even more clearance just in case.

so you should have 12mm of clearance not too bad. lmk how it works out for you im running a blower setup on mine right now but im always looking for new ideas!

Back