• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New System...having pump issues. Please advise.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hard2Ki11

I have been working with computers all my life. But this is my first attempt at a water cooling setup. And I didnt go cheap.

This is what I purchased:
i7-4930k
16gb Corsair dominator - 2 dimms
3 cards - EVGA 03G-P4-2884-KR GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked
ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition LGA 2011 - Chipset block
Corsair 900D Case - such a freaking huge case!
Corsair 1200ai PS

XSPC Razor GTX Titan / 780 / 780 Ti Full Coverage VGA Block - Reference Design - With backplate - 3 of them

XSPC Copper Raystorm AX360 Extreme Intel CPU Water Cooling Kit w/ Twin D5 w/ Free Dead-Water!

XSPC ASUS Rampage 4 Black High Performance Liquid Cooling Motherboard Block Set

XSPC Razor SLI High Flow Bridge (2 Slot)

XSPC AX240 Radiator

I will submit pics of the setup but here is the issue. I do have bay reservoir. twin motors but its not bleeding at all after filling the reservoir. I finally figured maybe I had to open up my drainage port to allow the water to fill the blocks.....then it started working! But I cant leave the drainage valve open because all it will do is drain the water out and make a mess. If i let it fill a little and then shut the drain.....it stops flowing entirely!

Please help!

:bang head

Attachments

• 20140215_150312.jpg
    20140215_150312.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,904
  • 20140215_150324.jpg
    20140215_150324.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 285
  • 20140215_150331.jpg
    20140215_150331.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 239
  • 20140215_150339.jpg
    20140215_150339.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 234
  • 20140215_150351.jpg
    20140215_150351.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 242
  • 20140215_150402.jpg
    20140215_150402.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,052
Well by the look of your routing, I would change the configuration of your setup. Take a look at my build log (900D Nostalgia v2.2) in my signature to give you an idea. It's much easier to fill the loop and bleed when you have the radiators sitting at the bottom or at least have the flow go downward so it fills up and builds up pressure. Everything seems to be going straight out and up and around. You won't need both pumps so you can just have the first one in line set at 3 or 4 pump setting. Bump the pump and move the case around. Also I would recommend changing the tubing to Primochill's Advanced LRT because the tubing that comes with the kits aren't so great. Just make sure you never run the pumps dry and be aware of bubbles impeding the flow. The goal is to get them to the res.

He's fine with the tubing that came with it, he didn't get the RS, which has the lower end crappy XSPC tubing. The Raystorm kits come with XSPC HighFlex, which have not had issues regarding plasti unlike Primo, XSPC has been ahead of PrimoFlex in that regard and have had their product out for longer. Which is why I recommend either the XSPC HighFlex or the Primo Advanced, because both are good, but the XSPC is matured and known already as working material vs Primo only recently bringing out the Advanced LRT because of their failure with the previous.

If he DOES change the config around, why not get rid of the tubing to the mobo chipset?

He's fine with the tubing that came with it, he didn't get the RS, which has the lower end crappy XSPC tubing. The Raystorm kits come with XSPC HighFlex, which have not had issues regarding plasti unlike Primo, XSPC has been ahead of PrimoFlex in that regard and have had their product out for longer. Which is why I recommend either the XSPC HighFlex or the Primo Advanced, because both are good, but the XSPC is matured and known already as working material vs Primo only recently bringing out the Advanced LRT because of their failure with the previous.

If he DOES change the config around, why not get rid of the tubing to the mobo chipset?

I believe it won't plasticize but will cloud up. I only advise Primochill Advanced but he can do as he wants. As for the MB chipset, I think its too late removing it now since the money was spent, plus he has the pumping power for it all. Hell, I would add a 120.4 to the loop. lol

I believe it won't plasticize but will cloud up. I only advise Primochill Advanced but he can do as he wants. As for the MB chipset, I think its too late removing it now since the money was spent, plus he has the pumping power for it all. Hell, I would add a 120.4 to the loop. lol

Good call, I wasn't even thinking about the clouding since he's using clear tubing.

Good call, I wasn't even thinking about the clouding since he's using clear tubing.

You can tell as its starting already. Take a good look at the shots. I know from experience when it comes to clouding. Luckily I never really dealt with plasticize issues.

You can tell as its starting already. Take a good look at the shots. I know from experience when it comes to clouding. Luckily I never really dealt with plasticize issues.

Taking a closer look that is correct, senpai!

Well by the look of your routing, I would change the configuration of your setup. Take a look at my build log (900D Nostalgia v2.2) in my signature to give you an idea. It's much easier to fill the loop and bleed when you have the radiators sitting at the bottom or at least have the flow go downward so it fills up and builds up pressure. Everything seems to be going straight out and up and around. You won't need both pumps so you can just have the first one in line set at 3 or 4 pump setting. Bump the pump and move the case around. Also I would recommend changing the tubing to Primochill's Advanced LRT because the tubing that comes with the kits aren't so great. Just make sure you never run the pumps dry and be aware of bubbles impeding the flow. The goal is to get them to the res.

I agree. I did think of that as an alternative if I couldnt get the system bled correctly. Main reason why I kept the bottom bay clear was for the hard drives since my AX240 was already mounted where the hard drives are normally at. I moved the hotswap of the 900D to the bottom section. I have a 750 SSD and 1TB HD. So i needed the bays at the bottom.

I also just noticed that I dont even have a mounting bracket for the bottom front part. I have it for the rear just not the front. Which is why I didnt even consider it for the bottom section.

I used very little tubing that came with the kit. I purchased this separately:

XSPC FLX Premium

Did your 900D come with the mounting for the lower bay on both sides? Or did you have to move stuff around to make it work?

Perhaps they have different versions of the 900D.

This is the one I purchased from Newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139019

Never mind....i just noticed the bracket on the bottom....

Hey do you guys have any suggestions in regards to controlling all the fans and making them work with my motherboard controller? FOr overclocking purposes that is...

Recommendations for joining all fans? Lighting controls and such? I need to order a few more parts because i was short compression fittings and need to finish the setup to have inline temperature sensors. 1 after the CPU and chipeset block and the other sensor will be after 3 GPU's. Please advise.

For PWM you could get splitter cables. Or you can go manual with a fan controller. As for the lights some fan controllers have option to connect 2 pin cables for them if your lights support it. Pricier fan controllers support temp sensors too if you want to get one with display.

There's only one version of the 900D. The bracket is down there. On the right side its already installed. You'll have to configure the left side as the bracket is there. You just have to unscrew it and install it. You could setup the drive bays where the 240 is.

A simple fan hub can power all your fans and be controlled via CPU fan header.

What kind of lighting are you speaking of? I use this.

Back