• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New To Over Clocking, but not to computers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes I'd say you're at your limit till you get some better cooling for the CPU. The CM Hyper 212's are great and about $30

Look cool but... It's not for me. I don't know how much difference it would make but it might be fun. Or leaky???

Its about 10-15 degrees Celsius different... the water routes through the resivor before the radiator allowing for cooler temps at the processor. And it would be just about as safe as any other water cooled system. Instead of purchasing a new processor cooler I would just buy some hoses and resivor.

I would think the reservoir idea would keep the cpu temps from rising as fast from turn on time, but after awhile, I would not believe it could keep the temps much lower after the water in the reservoir reached max temps. Of course trying is the proving.
RGone...

I would think the reservoir idea would keep the cpu temps from rising as fast from turn on time, but after awhile, I would not believe it could keep the temps much lower after the water in the reservoir reached max temps. Of course trying is the proving.
RGone...

Yeah your talking about heat soak...but to counter act that i could always add more surface area ... IE a second radiator or bigger radiator.

Right so you might just as well go all the way and get a decnt pump too!

These mods have been discussed to death in the water cooling section. You might drop temps temporarily but they will clime back to what you have now once the loop temp equalizes. The only way you will drop temps is to add more rads and these pumps that are used in the AIO coolers are to week for that.

once the loop temp equalizes. = that same principle was investigated with the huge blocks of copper heatsinks. Once the copper block was saturated with heat...then heat was just still heat. It took fins and fans to remove the heat out of the system completely, to remain cool.
RGone...

Yes I'd say you're at your limit till you get some better cooling for the CPU. The CM Hyper 212's are great and about $30

Well we will see how it goes... I have a CM Hyper 212 Evo on the way.... Im shooting for 3.8Ghz here!

That should be do-able I was running 3.9 daily with the CM. As long as you have good air flow through the case you're good.

Not necessarily. That's a C2 chip, not a C3. It's 140w from the get go. You need good water for that for sure. They get hot and take more volts to OC than the C3's. How do I know? My daily driver 24/7.

Attachments

• dd.JPG
    dd.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 29
I have a C2 955BE that will do 3.8Ghz all day long. Takes a good air cooler and good case cooling but it surely does it.
RGone...

Well did a little upgrade today, Replaced the Corsair H50 with a COolermaster Hyper 212 Evo..

Looking at the results my Core temps have gone down about 5-7°C which is pretty remarkable to me on a 140 Watt processor. should give me a little wiggle room to bump the speed up a tad.. still looking for that 125W processor .. but that will come.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Running temps Hyper 212 Evo.jpg
    Running temps Hyper 212 Evo.jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 34
Back