• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to overclock, need some advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rx7sr4

Hey

I just put on my thermalright true black 120 today with a 120mm fan running at 2000rpm and i dicided i want to overclock my Q8200. When i first booted with my TRUE black 120 i went to bios to check the temp. It was all good, 25 degrees. Then when i boot into windows, real temp and core temp say that my cpu temp is at 50-49-45-44. It did this with my old stock cooler aswell and i can't understand it.

I have updated my Bios, my drivers on pc. But anyways i went ahead and changed my FSB to 380x7 and i got 2.66Mhz and the temp is around the same. Vcore is 1.3V and i have got the DRAM timings on AUTO

The reason i have the DRAM on auto is because i have mixed ram

2x 1GB pc2-6400 Kingston
1x 1GB pc2-6400 - Unknown brand
1x 1GB pc2-5300 crucial technology

My motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-DS4P

well for starters in cpuz under the SPD tab what are the timings for the ram at DDR2-800? what is the timings for the cruical at DDR2-667? as by the timing on the DDR2-667 it might do DDR2-800. that would allow you to set the FSB to ram ratio at 1:1. then you try for 400mhz fsb and have the ram at DDR2-800 speeds. in all honasty with DDR2 so cheap i would sell that ram on ebay or some place and pick up a new 2x2gig kit to try for higher ocing. either that or just drop down to 2gigs of that kingston ram. auto timings is messy with ocing but it seems to be working for you which is good.

could be something wrong with the real temp reader. try an older version or real temp.

Back