• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new to overclocking..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bloodyvs

Registered
new to overclocking(need help!)

so i just ordered this and am trying to research how to over clock in the week or so before it all arrives...

OCZ PowerStream ATX 2.01/EPS SLI Ready w/Adjustable Power Rails & LED 520W PS

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (2002 Version) w/CD and license w/Service Pack 2

AMD Opteron 165 Dual-Core 1.8GHz 1MB (per core) 64/32-Bit Socket 939

(Original) Radeon X1900 XT 512MB GDDR3/PCI-E/AVIVO/Dual DVI

Antec Performance One P160W ATX Mid-Tower No PS w/Clear Side Panel

DFI Lan Party UT NForce4 Ultra-D Audio/GB-LAN/IEEE-1394/PCI-E/SATA3G/DDR/ATX 64 939

2 GB (2 pcs 1GB) DDR (400) PC-3200 OCZ Dual Channel Platinum

Western Digital Caviar SE 250 GB SATA3G 16MB Cache 7200 RPM

160132 Asus CRW-5232AS 52X32X52 CD-RW w/Nero & FlextraLink™

this will be my first build which will be a little overwhelming as it is, but have bought these parts with the intent to OC. i can find bits and pieces of how to overclock from these forums and on other sites but i cannot find an easy overall guide from start to finish. i posted this in the CPU but i will be looking to overclocking whatever i can. so any suggestions or links on guides to OCing would be great! i pretty much know nothing and am trying to educate myself

thanks =D

Last edited:
If you follow the sticky guides you should eb just fine, and before you know it you'll be hooked just like the rest of us :bang head

My Ultra-D has taken my Opty 144 to see below:

Quite frankly, I set 320HTT as a suicide run. I ran prime for 8 hours, memtest 10 loops, and 3dmark. It's stable as a rock.

Look over the databases for the ram you got and write down the timings and volts others have their sticks running at.

Yes it's in the bios. Press the Del key repeatedly when booting up. I hope I'm not insulting your intelligence.

Back